AlannaMaria
What's the best vacation you've been on?
June 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
?

Replies

• Firenygirl180
    June 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    To the Galapagos islands? Or Ecuador in general.

The islands you fly in and can do a cruise through them. Always do the longest. We did a 5 day and missed going to the Charles Darwin research center. Pack light for this. Bathing suits are a must. But also light colored long sleeves. Also i was the only non crew member to not get sea sick so bring meds just in case. It is absolutely amazing. We did the cruise in May.

My favorite city in Ecuador was Cuenca. They still do the traditional siesta in the afternoons. I also loved Baños. Quito is amazing too. Sadly i was being stubborn and we didn't go on a rainforest adventure (the only regret i have in life).
    I hope one day i can take my kids there.

We drove everywhere. It was pretty scary driving on some roads. I have some awesome black and white photos of the waterfalls around here somewhere. (at least i hope i do)

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Ecuador and the Galapagos islands.

My daughter lives in Ecuador and I have been many times but never to the Galapagos.

Any tips for when to go, where to stay or touring services to use?

• Sisteract
    June 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I have been to most cities within Ecuador. We love Cuenca. Our daughter lives outside of Guayaquil on the way to Salinas (coast). Do you have to cruise in order to see the Islands? Both my hubs and I get sea sick. The sickness is why we have avoided the GIs thus far.

We did go to Machu Picchu in Peru last year. That was amazing.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

The islands you fly in and can do a cruise through them. Always do the longest. We did a 5 day and missed going to the Charles Darwin research center. Pack light for this. Bathing suits are a must. But also light colored long sleeves. Also i was the only non crew member to not get sea sick so bring meds just in case. It is absolutely amazing. We did the cruise in May.

My favorite city in Ecuador was Cuenca. They still do the traditional siesta in the afternoons. I also loved Baños. Quito is amazing too. Sadly i was being stubborn and we didn't go on a rainforest adventure (the only regret i have in life).

We drove everywhere. It was pretty scary driving on some roads. I have some awesome black and white photos of the waterfalls around here somewhere. (at least i hope i do)

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

My daughter lives in Ecuador and I have been many times but never to the Galapagos.

• chrissydan
    June 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    Road trip cross country from Wi to CA
  • Firenygirl180
    June 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure you have to cruise. For us the weather was great and the water was calm, there was just one night when we were crossing the equator that was really rough. I was the only one who wasn't feeling sick. We also had fresh lobster for dinner the last night of the cruise.

Quoting Sisteract:

I have been to most cities within Ecuador. We love Cuenca. Our daughter lives outside of Guayaquil on the way to Salinas (coast). Do you have to cruise in order to see the Islands? Both my hubs and I get sea sick. The sickness is why we have avoided the GIs thus far.

We did go to Machu Picchu in Peru last year. That was amazing.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    June 24, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Any time I get away with my family! I love Aruba but we haven't been there in years b/c it's too pricey to fly there with 5 of us

• mrswillie
    June 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I like visiting new places. Yesterday, I returned home from a Caribbean Cruise. It was ok, but I wish my family was there.

• mrswillie
    June 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Quoting othermom:

It is hard to pick. I did love our beach trip last year, but had a lot of great ones with my grandparents when I was a kid

I couldn't pick easier.

• Redwall
    by Redwall
    June 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I went to Hawaii when I was 18 with my sister and a friend.  Haven't been a "real" vacation since.

• LOswald0314
    June 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM

My parents took my brother and I to Disney World when we was 18 and I was 16 lol. We were old enough to ride everything and could go off by ourlseves.  We had a blast riding the big scary rides over and over.  The other one would be when DH and I went on a caribbean cruise.

• copperswifey
    June 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM

To Hawaii :)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN