justins_momm292
What is your biggest driving pet peeve?
May 17, 2013 at 7:56 AM

People on cell phones? Fast drivers, slow drivers?  People that don't use turn signals?

Tell me what yours is.

banging head into wall

Replies

• hhhanna
    by hhhanna
    May 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM

People on cell phones - they are all pretty bad but the idiots who are trying to text - OHG, they are all over the road (but they think they are doing fine), they speed up and slow down for no reason (except that they are distracted by trying to read, text and drive, but they can do it, just ask them).  My goodness, they can and do ruin a good day.

• k9l1c5
    by k9l1c5
    May 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM

People on cell phones and who don't use turn signals.
    And of course, those who hit my car which happened yesterday :/.

• brittany208
    May 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM

oh no!!! was it a very bad crash??

Quoting k9l1c5:

• brittany208
    May 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM

people who dont brake soon enough make me really nervous. i never know if they are going to stop, or run through the intersection and hit me when I'm going to the other way.

the worst, though, are people who drive recklessly. like swerving in and out of lanes, going way too fast, without a turn signal. or who pull out right in front of you so you barely avoid hitting them.

• k9l1c5
    by k9l1c5
    May 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It was okay. The driver was changing lanes and didn't see me, but I am thankful we were in the city and not on the highway when it happened. She hit the driver door and fender, but it's not totalled. It was my first accident that was this bad, and dd was in the car. She is fine but my back and neck started to hurt last night, and stupidly I had already told the other insurance I was fine. But I am feeling better this morning than I was last night so I think I will be fine in a couple days.

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting k9l1c5:

• brittany208
    May 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My neck hurt right after my first (and only) accident and i felt fine in a day or two. so hopefully you will too!

is your insurance taking care of everything?

Quoting k9l1c5:

It was okay. The driver was changing lanes and didn't see me, but I am thankful we were in the city and not on the highway when it happened. She hit the driver door and fender, but it's not totalled. It was my first accident that was this bad, and dd was in the car. She is fine but my back and neck started to hurt last night, and stupidly I had already told the other insurance I was fine. But I am feeling better this morning than I was last night so I think I will be fine in a couple days.

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting k9l1c5:

• k9l1c5
    by k9l1c5
    May 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    It was the other lady's fault so hers is paying for the damages and reimbursing me for my car seat.

Quoting brittany208:

My neck hurt right after my first (and only) accident and i felt fine in a day or two. so hopefully you will too!

is your insurance taking care of everything?

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting k9l1c5:

• othermom
    May 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

people not paying attention

• liveforever
    May 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

People who do 35mph on the on ramp to the freeway. OMG this is the worst to me. I just want to yell "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!" The long ramp is there for a reason....its so you can get up to the speed everyone else is doing when its time to merge!

Also making the list:

People who dont use turn signals

People who drive 5mph under the speed limit in the fast lane. 

People who dont turn on their lights when its pouring rain....especially on the freeway. Between the rain and roadspray I almost hit a guy while merging into another lane because I couldnt see him!

People who drive like morons in bad weather...mainly snow. I live in Ohio and we obviously get our share of snow. It drives me crazy when the roads are bad, snow is falling hard...and you have those few people who still want to go 70mph on the freeway when everyone else is doing 40 and being careful.

• ceciliam
    May 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Cell phones and texting is a given but what I really hate is people who cut through parking spaces in parking lots or speed through parking lots....especially in a school parking lot. Happens WAY more than it should! Super, super dangerous!