CafeMom Team
Who Comes First, Your Spouse or Your Kids?
April 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

A lot of moms say "the kids come first." But Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to help us figure out how we can balance our priorities to leave time for Mom and Dad too.  

Who Comes First, Your Spouse or Your Kids?

Replies

• Hottmomma607
    April 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    There isn't t anything that happens in my life that I need to choose my children or my husband! My kids have their basic needs day to day,that's a given! We also focus on our marriage we believe in a strong,healthy foundation that keeps our family together! And if there is time were we need to take time for our marriage,kids don't suffer from it! They enjoy mom&dad 'dating'! :-)
  • momofsixangels
    April 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Honestly my kids.They are the most important thing to me

• k9l1c5
    by k9l1c5
    April 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I think they both come equally in my life. Dd's needs are met but she isn't the only thing we focus on. We still focus on us as a couple and have our little bit of alone time here and there even if it is just conversation while dd is sleeping (she's 8 months).

• chattycassie
    April 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My kids ALWAYS

• Madelaine
    April 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Agreed.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

There isn't t anything that happens in my life that I need to choose my children or my husband! My kids have their basic needs day to day,that's a given! We also focus on our marriage we believe in a strong,healthy foundation that keeps our family together! And if there is time were we need to take time for our marriage,kids don't suffer from it! They enjoy mom&dad 'dating'! :-)

• lalasmama2007
    April 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

My dd comes first.  I'm not married.

• Kmakksmom
    April 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    My kids, but my husband is a very close second.
  • goddess99
    April 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

My dd comes 1st.

• Janet
    by Janet
    April 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My kids.

• la_bella_vita
    April 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Kid's but my husband is very important too. I try to make it family first