After your kids have tasted these Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken Strips, they will never go back to fried chicken fingers again. This recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
Yield: Makes 5 servings (serving size: 3 strips)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast strips
- 1. Melt butter in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan in a 425° oven.
- 2. Place baking mix and next 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; shake well to combine. Add chicken, several pieces at a time, shaking well to coat. Arrange chicken in melted butter in hot baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once. Serve immediately.
- Note: To freeze, place uncooked, coated chicken strips on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, place strips in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and freeze until ready to prepare. Bake frozen strips on a hot buttered jelly-roll pan (according to previous directions) at 425° for 35 minutes, turning after 25 minutes. For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick Heart Smart mix.
Teresa Patten, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Southern Living
April 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM
They look pretty good
I dont use the mix either, all I could think was extra crunch or something.
I used to make these a lot, along with oven-fried potatoes, for the kids when they were growing up.
I never used biscuit mix, though... I wonder why that's there...
April 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
by wandepApril 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM
by sanj1213April 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Yummy! My son would love these.
by bhwrn1April 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM