HeatherNYC
Channel your inner ninja
February 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Lately, my kiddo is all about being ninja-like...stealth, super-skilled, able to maneuver through tough situations with aplomb. Okay, specifically, she's into being a ninja kitty, but that is a long story. Regardless, I have ninjas on the brain and I'm thinking that is a good thing.

Right, it sounds odd, but stay with me here. I'm trying to remember just how ninja-esque I am on any given day, just doing "mom things." I am a ninja mom. I know the locations of 399 minuscule plastic toys ("In the second cubby from the left, in the pullout white bin, with all of those bottle caps."). I can fold 23 pairs of leggings, make dinner and oversee homework all at the same time. I can pack a lunch in 44 seconds flat. I deftly explain the subway ads about sexually transmitted diseases without totally loading my five-year-old with information that is waaaaay beyond her years.

Yes, I am a ninja...and so are you. We are all ninjas -- wielding love, forgiveness, and guidance, helping our kids through this world. When the tasks get a little "same old, same old", visualize yourself as that ninja - masterful and skilled. Feel free to whisper "Ninja!" after you get the kids to bed with only three calls for juice and blanket adjustments. 

Share little things do you do that make you feel masterful and ninja-like! 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ ZargonDesign    

Replies

• TigerofMu
    February 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I love it!  Ninja-Mom!

simple smileninja

• wandep
    by wandep
    February 19, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Cute!

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love it!  Ninja-Mom!

simple smileninja

• lillucky8
    February 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love it!  Ninja-Mom!

simple smileninja

• louannwilkins
    February 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love it!  Ninja-Mom!

simple smileninja

• kmqw229
    by kmqw229
    February 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    I feel like a ninja when I lay down with my baby to get him to sleep & then sneak away and he stays asleep.
  • cara124
    by cara124
    February 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

this is great !

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love it!  Ninja-Mom!

simple smileninja

• cara124
    by cara124
    February 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I feel my ninja mom powers coming out when I can remember what all 3 kids have going on in a single day without looking at our overloaded calander LOL... or when I remember to pick DD 17 up from 1 of 3 locations on any given day of the week after school .

• natesmom1228
    February 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM

When I can make my son feel better about himself.

• goddess99
    February 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM

lol cute...

I run a blog under the name Ninja ninja

• 4kidz916
    February 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

When I accomplish all the things on my to-do list, I feel like a Ninja!