HeatherNYC
How do you measure your stress level?
January 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM

It is Tuesday, which is a reason to be stressed, right? Oh, wait...maybe that is just me. Any given day could be a cause for stress...the kicker is, sometimes, we don't realize just how stressed we are, how much is really weighing on us.

I have a good barometer to my stress level: how easily I laugh. Over the weekend, we were playing a game of Monkey in the Middle aka Keep Away (though it should be renamed Mama in the Middle, as I am always in the center, trying to snatch the ball from my husband or daughter). It was tons o' fun. Kiddo was giggling, my husband was giggling, and I -- finally -- started to laugh and "let go" about halfway through. I was enjoying myself the whole time, but it took me a while to really get loose and guffaw.

It's because, yeah, I'm stressed. Nothing huge, but Life Stuff here and there that tends to hang around and weigh on the brain (and the heart). Do I get a tad gnarly or less patient when I'm stressed? Yup. Do I wake up at 2:34 a.m. and toss and turn for an hour or so? Yup. Does my stomach get wonko? Yup. But I can always tell just how much stress is affecting me by my ability to laugh.

What about you? How stressed are you? How do you know when you are really stressed? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ DNY59

Replies

• hugss
    by hugss
    January 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Depends on how I feel I guess,
    Not too stressful for me :)

• Moms_Angels1960
    January 29, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Right now pretty stressed, hubby & I are fighting, my helper is out with influenza and the people trying to help me frankly aren't much help at all. Leaving me to do the majority of the cooking and cleanup.But they are help to a certain degree and I am not talking to my dad right now.

• emilyrosenj
    January 29, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    I know I'm stressed when I zone out. Then I need a time out or exercise break.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    January 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM

me too

Quoting hugss:

• Juniper53098
    January 29, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I loose my patience with the family more easily when I'm feeling stressed.

• aidensmomma508
    January 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Ya I do get stressed I'm bringing my son to the dr for his physical today and I have a feeling of impending doom lol my son hates drs usually. 

• natesmom1228
    January 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I honestly don't really get stressed. As long as my family is happy and my bills are paid then I am good to go. I do go to the gym 5 days a week and that helps.

• timon95
    by timon95
    January 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

yup

Quoting Juniper53098:

I loose my patience with the family more easily when I'm feeling stressed.

• natesmom1228
    January 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting hugss:

Same here.

• 4kidz916
    January 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I'm usually stressed due to my busy schedule.  I handle it pretty well on the outside, but it eats me up on the inside.