HeatherNYC
Do YOU have a role model?
January 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Soooooo, yesterday we talked about our kids and their role models...those folks they may look up to, admire, get inspired by their actions and choices. Um, what about you? Do you have a role model? There is no age limit on that, you know?

It's funny, but I think I have a variety of role models - for different parts of my life. Kind of the Justice League of Heather's Admired Folks. I've got role models for fashion, for family, for career, for life, for entertaining...all people I admire how they do things.

I think the cool thing, when you get older and have role models, is that you know the person isn't perfect, you don't want to be just like them, you may not really like much else but the way they move about the kitchen and can whip up something with ease.  It is not someone to mimic or copy, just someone I can take tips from, to make myself a little better version of me in that specific area. More of a reminder, a focus for, say, my style when I'm shopping...and don't we ALL need little reminders in these crazy days of ours?

So, who are your role models? You can break it down by category - your fashion role model, your career role model....

ŠiStockphoto.com/paci77

Replies

• MomTiara19
    February 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM

My mom,grandmother,and aunt.

Amazing women...my angels....I miss them incredibly:(

• Basherte
    February 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My mom.

I feel that if I'm even half the mother she was, then I will have done a spectacular job. 

I'm striving to be as good a mother as her or even better. (not sure that's possible.)

• strawberryLVR
    March 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I have a few friends that are awesome role models for me.

• SweetLuci
    March 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I don't have any fashion role models, but my sister was my career role model. She became pregnant at 16, got married and had 3 kids by the time she was 20, and eventually divorced her abusive husband.  She went back to school, and worked a full time job, worked hard and became one of the top executives in a large government-related company. And, she didn't do it by being a harsh, take no prisoners person. I've never met a person that didn't like her and stay friends for years-even a person she had to fire! She raised three boys that are all great dads and husbands. I admire her a lot.