MamaMandee
Quick Bathroom Cleaning & Organization
January 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Hiding in the bathroom for a few minutes of alone time? Multitask and get things clean and organized while you're in there! Here's your six-step guide to a more organized washroom. 

1. Fill the tub with a couple of inches of water and dump in some white vinegar. Drop in the the kids' tub toys and let them soak, while you get to the rest. The vinegar is an easy way to clean toys! 

2. Now, open your makeup drawer, grab the trash can and toss out any makeup thatÂ’s been hiding out in there for longer than six months. Be ruthless! You can always buy fresh stuff tomorrow. 

3. Next, grab a gallon zipper bag, throw in any expired medications in the medicine cabinet, and put it in a safe place away from the kids. When you have time later, check out this handy guide to disposing of expired meds

4. Do a quick toothbrush inspection. Do any have seriously mangled or frayed bristles? Might be time to replace them with new ones. Make a note. (But don't toss them yet, or else the kids' excuses for not brushing tonight will be totally valid!) 

5. Clear out any of the under-the-counter clutter that's taking up room for no reason. Empty bottles of cleaner? Unwrapped tampons? Toss 'em! Then, grab the Antibacterial Scrubbing Bubbles® Foaming Bathroom Cleaner and spray down the sinks and countertops to make them fresh and clean. 

6. Finally, drain the tub, rinse the toys and put them back in their storage space. Until the kids' next bath!

Replies

• Heather2001
    January 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Good tips, but I still hate deep-cleaning the bathroom.

• Moms_Angels1960
    January 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Great tips Mandee thanks, also use those old toothbrushes to get into the crevices of cars, and small areas that need a small tool will work.

Vinegar is a great overall cleaner and will save people a ton of money using that alone.

• Juniper53098
    January 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I agree.  I stay FAR away from anything that says "antibacterial", too.  Vinegar and baking soda are pretty much all I need.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Great tips Mandee thanks, also use those old toothbrushes to get into the crevices of cars, and small areas that need a small tool will work.

Vinegar is a great overall cleaner and will save people a ton of money using that alone.

• MamaMandee
    January 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Yup I use old toothbrushes for cleaning too. 

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

• Sisteract
    January 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Good tips.

• jessicasmom1
    January 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM

good tips 

• momofsixangels
    January 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Very good ideas!

• cara124
    by cara124
    January 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Those are great tips ... and give me an excuse to stay behind that locked door for a few extra minutes .

• sukainah
    January 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Thanks for the tips.  Not my favorite room to clean lol

• .Angelica.
    January 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM

great tips. i will have to do the vinegar one.