Congratulations to our mom, aneela, for winning the sweepstakes!
The Mad Life Panel tackles a tough question: Is divorce ever good for kids?
We're thrilled that Mad Life's very own Joanie Robach, will be joining us in the group to answer YOUR questions on this important topic, and to share her personal observations and experiences!
Check out the Mad Life episode below, then ask Joanie your questions. Joanie will be joining us next week to share her answers! Every member who submits a question in the replies below will be entered to win a $50 Target gift card!
Thanks for joining us, Joanie!
Click to learn more about Mad Life panelist, Joanie Robach.
Joanie's answers begin HERE
- The Ask Joanie giveaway starts 1/7/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 1/20/2013 at midnight (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
- Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
- Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 gift card to Target.
- The random drawing shall occur on or about 1/21/13.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
- Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
Sometimes staying together is worse than divorce IMO. One of my closest friends has used the excuse of staying togethr for the kids for years. She has been and continues to be cheated on and abused financialy, verbaly, and emotionaly. Then she wonders why her 17 yr old DD is putting up with the same exact crap from her boyfriend.
January 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I don't think divorce is ever good for anyone.. but it may be better than the current situation. Either way it tears the family unit apart and the couple apart. I also think that to stay married for the children might not be the best option either.
by raegan1221January 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM
In my case, yes it was. My now ex husband was physically and emotionally abusive. He would have killed me and my son would have seen that.
by raegan1221January 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
You know the old saying, "When Momma's not happy, nobody's happy"? I have always felt like that's true because my son can pick up when I am upset just like everyone else can. Do you feel like if an unhappy couple is to stay in a marriage...say the man is abusive or vice versa..don't you think that the child(ren) pick up on this? What is your take on that? At that point, how do you feel about divorce? Right or wrong? Child sake or no?
Is it confusing to the children if the parents have a friendly divorce- if they continue to go on outings as a family but the parents just don't live together anymore and date other people? Or is it better that the parents have split up so they can be happier and thus give the children a happier home life?