Cafe AmyB
Food Addictions! Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!
January 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Recently we asked "Are you addicted to food"?

We wanted to know if you felt an addiction to food or if you eat for emotional reasons.

The Mad Life panel discusses this issue and shares their thoughts.

How do you keep food from becoming the focus of your everyday life?

Replies

• MsBlueBelle
    January 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM
    Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left! So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.
  • brownhoney21
    January 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I fine other things to do.

• MichelleK41
    January 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    I keep my mind busy on other things besides eating. Also when staying on the go lots and lots of water.
  • SlightlyPerfect
    January 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    I don't have this issue.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    January 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I try to find other things to do also I am member of weight watchers.

• aidensmomma508
    January 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Oh but it is lol 

• natesmom1228
    January 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    I don't have food or any other type of addiction. I watch what I eat very closely.
  • emilyrosenj
    January 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    I just don't focus on food. I like to eat but I'm making healthier choices now. I do a menu plan as well which helps me not to worry about what to have for meals. That helped a lot with taking my mind off food.
  • scoleman828
    January 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    That's terrible! where do you live? I would like to help if I can...

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Well, I had help. Some scam group calling themselves the Wounded Warrior Foundadtion said they would make my kitchen handicap accessible, so they ripped out the counters, sink, plumbing, electrics, and when they found out I was NOT a post 9/11 disabled veteran, but still a disabaled veteran, they left!
    So, since I cannot cook, store of fix food, I have to buy food every day, which is difficult to do, I have to push myself in my wheelhair to get kibble for me and my service dog. So, the next time you look into your fridge, stuff somthing into a microwave, cook something on your stove, wash a dish, or plug in the coffee maker, think of me. I have none of those things.
  • 4kidz916
    January 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I'm not addicted to food but if things get really stressful I do tend to eat more.  If I start to turn to food, I try to have a cup of hot tea instead.

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN