Cafe AmyB
Why do resolutions rarely stick?
December 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It's a new year, the perfect time to start fresh and traditionally the time to make New Year's resolutions.

So many of us makes resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking  and we even promise ourselves to be kinder or more attentive to our family.
Unfortunately just can’t seem to make them stick.

Why do you think resolutions rarely stick?

Replies

• jessicasmom1
    January 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I agree

Quoting elasmimi:

They rarely stick because we pick things that are difficult for us to achieve, things we have been unable to to in the past. Just because the year changes, our basic flaws do not miraculously disappear.

• bwsmommy
    January 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I dont think people are really dedicated or they choose goals that arent realistic .

• sukainah
    January 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I think you will do it when you are ready to do it.  Whatever it is.  I try not to make a resolution because I break them.  I do have hopes of what I can do, the same as I did in 2012

• goddess99
    January 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I think we lose interest after a week or so.

• MichelleK41
    January 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I feel resolutions rarely stick because as parents our schedules can change at the last minute which causes it to play into our resolutions. Its really hard to prepare ahead of time when schedules can change on a dime.

• illinoismommy83
    January 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I want to lose weight. I really do. My desire to eat yummy food totally is more powerful than my desire to drop 20 lbs. I need a motivator and whenever I start to diet, I roll my eyes and I'm like, well, I'm not THAT fat yet so maybe I can put it off. 

• mrswillie
    January 1, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    Because many make them unrealistic.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    January 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    We start out in the beginning but then it gets old and we give up.
  • Rushn311
    January 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Because a year is a long time haha

• TreeciJ4
    January 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Good intentions, but, no real plan to ensure it sticks. 

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN