Cafe AmyB
Why do resolutions rarely stick?
December 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It's a new year, the perfect time to start fresh and traditionally the time to make New Year's resolutions.

So many of us makes resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking  and we even promise ourselves to be kinder or more attentive to our family.
Unfortunately just can’t seem to make them stick.

Why do you think resolutions rarely stick?

Replies

• louannwilkins
    January 1, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I think most people make unrealistic ones.  Really if we want to make changes in our life we can and should do it anytime.  I always say I don't make resolutions but that I have intentions.  lol

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I think because there is to much pressure with them.

• brownhoney21
    January 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I think some set there golds to high and try to reach a certain point to soon.

• KaylaMillar
    January 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    People don't have the character they use to have. When you say your going to do something, stick to it!
  • 4kidz916
    January 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I think it's because we set goals that are too hard to meet.  I think it's better to set small goals that can be met at milestones throughout the year, that way we feel as if we are accomplishing something and that makes it easier to stay on track.

• elasmimi
    January 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

They rarely stick because we pick things that are difficult for us to achieve, things we have been unable to to in the past. Just because the year changes, our basic flaws do not miraculously disappear.

• Madelaine
    January 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Because they are usually too hard to keep.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I think it is because we really haven't changed the person that we are.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I like this explanation.  The things are hard to achieve, otherwise we would have achieved them in the previous year.

Quoting elasmimi:

They rarely stick because we pick things that are difficult for us to achieve, things we have been unable to to in the past. Just because the year changes, our basic flaws do not miraculously disappear.

• jessicasmom1
    January 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I do not make resolutions , merely goals in life 

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN