Cafe AmyB
Why do resolutions rarely stick?
December 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It's a new year, the perfect time to start fresh and traditionally the time to make New Year's resolutions.

So many of us makes resolutions to lose weight, stop smoking  and we even promise ourselves to be kinder or more attentive to our family.
Unfortunately just can’t seem to make them stick.

Why do you think resolutions rarely stick?

Replies

• SlightlyPerfect
    December 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I think it's about motivation. If you want to do something, you will. If you don't, you won't. You don't need a time or place, although external stimulation (like support) can help. New Year's, however, is a nice purveyor of conditions that allow for goals to manifest (especially those marinating in insecurities, like losing weight, or about health, like quitting smoking), but without motivation, they won't stick effectively.

• Hottmomma607
    December 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    I think that people try to hard! And if you don't apply life changes yearly then its not gonna work month out of the year!
  • momofsixangels
    December 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I think we have good intentions but then life just gets in the way and the resolutions are pushed aside

• gmadiane
    December 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    I dont make resolutions I have a few things that I want to accomplish this year but I dont put too much pressure on myself
  • hugss
    by hugss
    December 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I think people make too many *unrealistic* ones & then can't follow through ;)

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    December 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM

If we really want to do something, we'll do it.  Not wait for a specific day to do it.

• Albond86
    December 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM
    Totally agree with this

Quoting hugss:

I think people make too many *unrealistic* ones & then can't follow through ;)

• cnieno24
    December 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    Most people make New Year's resolutions but they don't stick with the resolutions because they think that they cant accomplish their goals. Its hard to commit to anything in these times. I try so hard to come up with small goals and I can't even accomplish those and they are similar to my New Year's resolutions.
  • aidensmomma508
    December 31, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    People don't stick to them basically
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    January 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM

They are unrealistic...  And too long term.. If people said by Jan 15th I will.... Ect... And make more short term goals... They would have more of a chance.

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN