Cafe Robin
Can divorce actually be good for your kids?
November 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Do you think divorce can actually be good for your kids? 

Do you think couples should avoid divorce when they have young kids?  

punching

Replies

• candycrush
    December 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I cannot imagine that it would be a good idea for kids to live in a volatile home.

• emeraldangel2.0
    January 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM

this

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I think if parents are better parents apart/away from each other then yes divorce is better for kids.  Seeing parents fight and mistreat each other, being miserable but staying married is not good for kids at all.

Co-parenting even when divorced can lead to happy emotionally healthy kids

• countrygirlkat
    January 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I think if there is fighting all the time and the parents are miserable, and they have done EVERYTHING they can to work it out and solve it, then it can be best for kids to live in two happy houses instead of one unhappy one. 

• abra
    by abra
    January 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    If the the relationship is abusive, then they should separate and try to rehabilitate a healthy relationship. Divorce should be the very last option when all other avenues of fixing the problem have been exhausted. I think people need to think more seriously about marriage before having kids. Sure, sometimes people change so drastically that it can't be helped, but for most divorce situations, it really boils down to whether saving the marriage is worth the effort to mom and dad. Divorce is much to common and the kids are the ultimate victims.
  • abra
    by abra
    January 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    I don't think any divorce will lead to two happy houses. One happy house in lucky situations.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I think if there is fighting all the time and the parents are miserable, and they have done EVERYTHING they can to work it out and solve it, then it can be best for kids to live in two happy houses instead of one unhappy one. 

• aidensmomma508
    January 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

If the parents are fighting and mean to each other or not safe then yes the kids are better off not seeing that

• Aboverubies84
    January 4, 2013 at 1:26 AM

If there is REAL abuse (mental, verbal, physical).. I think divorce is acceptable. But if someone is getting a divorce because a) The romance is gone, or b) They don't respect me, or c) We are more like roommates than spouses, and so on... well the answer is no. When I married, I married for life. So many people marry now with this idea that everything has to be perfect. Marriage isn't about perfection, it's about forgiveness and grace.

• wandep
    by wandep
    January 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

i agree

Quoting mydarlingsofia:

I think if the couple is fighting all the time and it's affecting their kids, then yes, it's best. But if they are able to hide it and be happy for their kids or work it out, then being in a stable household is best.

• jessicasmom1
    January 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I think so if that is all the parents wish to do is argue and fight , Children need to be in a loving happy , stable environment to thrive the best.

• malloryjosborne
    January 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I think divorce would be best whether you have young kids or not. I grew up with my parents fighting all the time and I was miserable. I had and still have mild depression because of it. I cried myself to sleep every night. I also thought of suicide.. But now I'm a happy mom&wife! :D