Kid's Fashion Center

SweetLuci
Growth spurts
November 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Do your kids seem to take growth spurts or grow at a more steady pace? How does this affect your clothes shopping?

Replies

• flowerfunleah
    November 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM

She has growth spurts for sure! She gets very long so we notice when her pants still fit in the waist but are too short in the legs!

• proudmommy690
    November 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    My oldest is tall but super skinny...her clothes are big in the waist cause her pants needing to be longer
  • Janet
    by Janet
    November 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Grow at a steady pace, fast!

• 4kidz916
    November 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

All my kids have gone through the growth spurts spell.  It puts a hurting on my budget. 

• othermom
    November 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

They grow through spurts, Usually they will grow a half inch or so in a short time then nothing for a while

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    November 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

My kids will wear the same size for a long time (and I meana really long time), and then suddenly things are too small.  So I shop as needed.  Rarely do I buy anything "just because".  There has to be a real need so it doesn't really hurt the budget because I save for a rainy day.  Even when there is a need, I look at clearance, second hand and sales before anything else.

• Mrs.Andrews
    November 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

My oldest has so far grown at a pretty steady pace. My youngest skipped a few sizes suddenly. I buy clearance in the biggest size available for baby stuff and in the next size up for kid clothes. So I always have clothes ready in the next size.

• SweetLuci
    November 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

It can be frustrating!

Quoting Roo1234:

My kids will wear the same size for a long time (and I meana really long time), and then suddenly things are too small.  So I shop as needed.  Rarely do I buy anything "just because".  There has to be a real need so it doesn't really hurt the budget because I save for a rainy day.  Even when there is a need, I look at clearance, second hand and sales before anything else.

• EbonySnow
    December 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM

its pretty steady right now

• AzariahsMother
    December 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Yes, from I want to say age 8-10 it was like OMG what happen to mommies little girl.  Now that she is 12 and looks 17 I pray she doesn't grow anymore if you know what I mean.

Kid's Fashion Center