Kid's Fashion Center

SweetLuci
Growth spurts
November 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Do your kids seem to take growth spurts or grow at a more steady pace? How does this affect your clothes shopping?

Replies

• flowerfunleah
    November 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM

She has growth spurts for sure! She gets very long so we notice when her pants still fit in the waist but are too short in the legs!

• proudmommy690
    November 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    My oldest is tall but super skinny...her clothes are big in the waist cause her pants needing to be longer
  • Janet
    by Janet
    November 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Grow at a steady pace, fast!

• 4kidz916
    November 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

All my kids have gone through the growth spurts spell.  It puts a hurting on my budget. 

• othermom
    November 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

They grow through spurts, Usually they will grow a half inch or so in a short time then nothing for a while

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    November 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

My kids will wear the same size for a long time (and I meana really long time), and then suddenly things are too small.  So I shop as needed.  Rarely do I buy anything "just because".  There has to be a real need so it doesn't really hurt the budget because I save for a rainy day.  Even when there is a need, I look at clearance, second hand and sales before anything else.

• Mrs.Andrews
    November 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

My oldest has so far grown at a pretty steady pace. My youngest skipped a few sizes suddenly. I buy clearance in the biggest size available for baby stuff and in the next size up for kid clothes. So I always have clothes ready in the next size.

• SweetLuci
    November 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

It can be frustrating!

Quoting Roo1234:

My kids will wear the same size for a long time (and I meana really long time), and then suddenly things are too small.  So I shop as needed.  Rarely do I buy anything "just because".  There has to be a real need so it doesn't really hurt the budget because I save for a rainy day.  Even when there is a need, I look at clearance, second hand and sales before anything else.

• EbonySnow
    December 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM

its pretty steady right now

• AzariahsMother
    December 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Yes, from I want to say age 8-10 it was like OMG what happen to mommies little girl.  Now that she is 12 and looks 17 I pray she doesn't grow anymore if you know what I mean.

Kid's Fashion Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN