Kid's Fashion Center

flowerfunleah
Do you let your daughters wear *good* jewelry for special occasions?
November 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM

As our daughters get older they find out (if they prefer it) that diamonds are a girls best friend! When I was about 8 my mother gave me a pair of diamond studs, just tiny ones, that I still have today and plan on passing down to Dd when she is old enough to appreciate them.

Would you give your daughter or son real jewelry? About what age do you think is appropriate for it?

Replies

• Harris06
    November 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I sure would. I got a diamond ring when I was about 8 and I loved it! Unfortunately, I was wearing it at church one Sunday at about age 10 and fell and skinned my hands up so I took my rings off and put them in my daddy's coat pocket and he forgot they were in there (he knew they were, he told me to put them in there) and sent his suit to the cleaners...it was the one time that my mom didn't check the pockets before dropping it off. I never got my rings back. :(

• proudmommy690
    November 26, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    Yes if we had any
  • flowerfunleah
    November 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Oh no!! That's sad :-(

Quoting Harris06:

I sure would. I got a diamond ring when I was about 8 and I loved it! Unfortunately, I was wearing it at church one Sunday at about age 10 and fell and skinned my hands up so I took my rings off and put them in my daddy's coat pocket and he forgot they were in there (he knew they were, he told me to put them in there) and sent his suit to the cleaners...it was the one time that my mom didn't check the pockets before dropping it off. I never got my rings back. :(

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Oh yes I have done that.

• SweetLuci
    November 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I think it depends on how responsible they are. She has a pair of ruby earrings that she's allowed to wear for special occasions. She's 12.

• coolmommy2x
    November 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    My aunt gave DD diamond stud earrings for her first birthday. She didn't get her ears pierced until she was 7. LOL! We love jewelry here!
  • flowerfunleah
    November 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM

aww thats nice!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

My aunt gave DD diamond stud earrings for her first birthday. She didn't get her ears pierced until she was 7. LOL! We love jewelry here!

• flowerfunleah
    November 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Love Ruby's!

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think it depends on how responsible they are. She has a pair of ruby earrings that she's allowed to wear for special occasions. She's 12.

• Mrs.Andrews
    November 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I never even had "real" jewelry until I got my promise ring from my Husband when I was 18. I plan to give my kids purity rings when they are in their early teens. 

• 4kidz916
    November 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM

My sister gave each of my girls a birthstone ring for their 5th birthday and I've allowed them to wear that on certain occasions.  Other than that, they don't have any nice jewelry.

Kid's Fashion Center