Kid's Fashion Center

flowerfunleah
Do you let your daughters wear *good* jewelry for special occasions?
November 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM

As our daughters get older they find out (if they prefer it) that diamonds are a girls best friend! When I was about 8 my mother gave me a pair of diamond studs, just tiny ones, that I still have today and plan on passing down to Dd when she is old enough to appreciate them.

Would you give your daughter or son real jewelry? About what age do you think is appropriate for it?

Replies

• Fibi
    by Fibi
    January 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM

sure why not?? when i was a girl my mother gave me a tiny diamond pendant necklace that she would allow me to wear only on special occasions.  it always made me feel like a princess everytime i got to wear it.  and it taught me some responsibility because it was so special to me to wear it that i was always concious not to lose or break it.  that sense of responsibility has stayed with me into adulthood as it taught me to take great care of my belongings.   i still have this necklace, but i will have to wait until i have grandaughters to pass it down as i was blessed with 3 sons;)  one tip though: its probably not wise to give a child or even a teen in most cases any extravagant or too expensive jewelry,  that way if they do lose the piece it wouldnt be a huge financial loss.

• coolmommy2x
    January 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    DS (12) hates jewelry so no for now. DD (8) LOVES jewelry...real, costume, she's all over it. She has real diamond studs (hasn't wornthem yet due to infection), she has a silver Tinferbel necklace, a silver/leather necklace from Silpada and I just ordered her a silverheart necklace from them too. I let her my diamond by the yard necklace to her concert once.
  • wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Dh gave dd and I matching single-pearl necklaces for Christmas. She loves her 1st "big girl" necklace. She knows she doesn't get to wear to school or playing around the house, so she insists we wear them to church every week : )

• lish2127
    January 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I had a lot of really nice sterling silver jewelry when I was a kid because my mom was friends with two different silver jewelers. I remember wearing rings and bracelets to school in like 1st or 2nd grade....and yes lost a few of them, but to this day I still have a few tiny little rings and earrings in my jewelry box from when I was kid. I will let my daughters have nice jewelry too, but when they're a little older and appreciate it...maybe 10-12.

• HisUsmcWifey
    January 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Gianna got her first gold ring and diamond earrings when she was 1 and she's been getting nice jewelry since. her great grandparents buy her nice jewelry a lot. she doesn't have her ears pierced anymore but she still wears her nice necklaces and bracelets.

• Mom2jngnc
    January 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Yes she does. She has a couple of nice necklaces that she wears for events..... 

Kid's Fashion Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts