Kid's Fashion Center

Cafe Kelly
Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 8: Accessorize!
November 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Accessorize! Adding a cute necklace, chunky bracelet, or fancy hair clip can really take your daughter's outfit to the next level. Your son's outfit can be completed with a nice belt, hat, or tie. Today's challenge is to find an accessory to compliment your child's outfit!

wearing crown

What kind of accessories do your kids wear? Do you wish there were more accessory options for boys? Do you ever feel like the accesories for girls' outfits end up costing more money than the outfit itself?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Hottmomma607
    November 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    DS usually wears a hat or vest! Not much accessories for boys!
  • reesesami
    November 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    My daughter wears a lot of hair accessories. Sometimes she'll wear a fashion scarf. Unfortunately she can't really wear too much jewelry at her school because she goes to an athletic based school. She owns a ton of jewelry but rarely wears it. I'm sure that will change as she gets older.

Yes, sometimes accessories seem too expensive. She often wants random accessories and I often say no because I can't justify buying them.
  • proudmommy690
    November 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    Some times my oldest will wear a necklace (when i remember lol) she has newly pierced ears.

My middle kid and baby do not wear accessories yet.
  • proudmommy690
    November 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    All my girls do wear hair bows/headbands though.
  • celestegood
    November 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    awwww

Quoting proudmommy690:

All my girls do wear hair bows/headbands though.
  • celestegood
    November 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    True! I have boys and I can attest to this truth.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

DS usually wears a hat or vest! Not much accessories for boys!
  • celestegood
    November 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    My oldest son is more into accessories, although there are less for boys.
  • Bob192
    by Bob192
    November 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

My kids wear belts.  I think my son is fine with not having accessories.  We usually don't add too many accessories to the girls' clothes.

• Lilindian
    November 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I have a son so the only accessories we really can get him is hat's. Which he loves to wear and he has a hat that matches every outfit he has. Yes I wish there was more accessories for boys. When my girl's were younger (20,19) I always felt like their accessories always cost just about as much as the outfit but to me it was worth it cause they looked so cute. 

• Rushn311
    November 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

My daughter likes  to accessorize by wearing her earrings, necklace, her boots or maybe a ring and some lip gloss.

My son likes to wear hats sometimes, and his funny glasses.

Kid's Fashion Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN