Kid's Fashion Center

GFunkified
Team Spirit
November 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Growing up with a sports team of your own is thrilling. Around here, it's the KU Jayhawks (or the Kansas State Wildcats), and if you like to cheer on a losing team, the Kansas City Chiefs. Almost everyone feels some pull to a certain team, whether its basketball, football, hockey, or baseball, and whether you never miss a game or just cheer them on when they're in the championships.

Kids are the same way...we have a couple of diehard fans in our extended family, who would stay up way too late on a school night to see if their team is going to pull out the win. And short of wearing the same jersey to school every single day, sometimes it's hard to let them show their team spirit as much as they'd like to (as with everything, moderation is hard to come by with kids, isn't it?).

Here are a few ways to let your super sports fan express him/herself:

Find a backpack or jacket with their favorite team's mascot on it. This is an easy way to let your kids show their devotion every day at school.

A favorite team's baseball cap can be worn every weekend or on special "hat days" at school.

Socks! You can find team socks at sporting goods stores that can be worn (and hidden away under pants), to make them feel like they've got a secret lucky charm. Just make sure you have enough pairs to wash once in a while!

If you can swing it, getting tickets to a game is one of the best gifts you can give your little guy or gal. If it's for Christmas or a birthday, wrapping up a t-shirt or jersey with the tickets or a note about the game makes for great memories and builds up the excitement until the actual event rolls around.

Cheering for a team together, whether on TV or in a stadium, is a great way to bond with your child, and fostering your child's excitement for his or her team will make you a super mom (or dad).

Do your kids cheer for a special team? How do they express it through their clothes and accessories?

Replies

• proudmommy690
    November 21, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    They dont watch sports..well none of us do. My youngest has a baby cheerleader outfit (florida gators) passed down through my 1st and 2nd daughters lol.
  • celestegood
    November 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    cute!

Quoting proudmommy690:

They dont watch sports..well none of us do. My youngest has a baby cheerleader outfit (florida gators) passed down through my 1st and 2nd daughters lol.
  • celestegood
    We do not watch sports in this family.
  • celestegood
    Not that I am against that.
  • coolmommy2x
    November 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    DS is all sports all day and 95% of his wardrobe is sports related. We live by Philadelphia and cheer on the Eagles even though they stink. DS has become a Steelers fan...ugh! We're really a baseball family. Love our Phillies, went to a Yankees game this year, a few minor league games and toured Fenway Park. Not that in to college sports.
  • proudmommy690
    November 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    We dont watch but i love the florida gators lol

she also has a jaguar cheerleader baby dress lol.

Quoting celestegood:

cute!

Quoting proudmommy690:

• celestegood
    November 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    I think that is so adorable sounding.

Quoting proudmommy690:

We dont watch but i love the florida gators lol

she also has a jaguar cheerleader baby dress lol.

Quoting celestegood:

cute!

Quoting proudmommy690:

• 4kidz916
    November 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

We have a house divided.  My girls route for UNC Tarheels and my son routes for Duke.  (I used to be a diehard Tarheels fan but now I sometimes side with my son so he's not all on his own...lol). They have t-shirts with the team and my girls have earrings and other accessories that they pull out on game day.

• heather4511
    November 23, 2012 at 4:11 AM
    We love the Packers and the UW Badgers. Though my daughter is never dying to wear sports clothes. She has packer beads to wear and a feather boa..her little brother has a packer diaper :)
  • lalasmama2007
    November 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM

No.  We aren't a sports family.

Kid's Fashion Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts