Kid's Fashion Center

Cafe Kelly
Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!
November 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Harris06
    November 26, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I actually have been shopping for winter gear left because I did not anticipate the weather in Louisiana (actually, weather.com was wrong) so we had to make a run to The Children's Place and get some warm clothes. 

If we can reuse things year to year than we do. However, they usually get passed down so only one needs new gear.

• Shopsha0911
    November 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I've been looking for a new winter coat for my sixteen year old and there is nothing new available again this year. It's the same old patterns and designs. Just because there is a recession doesn't mean we don't want new fashion trends.

• goddess99
    November 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I start shopping for winter gear in Sept. It's really cold here with snow already so you have to shop early. I do try to reuse as much as I can. It's so expensive to keep your kid warm and dry here your Need multiples of everything.

• lillucky8
    November 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    I found dd a jacket and snowpants at our lots for tots, and i got her hat and mittens last yr after xmas on clearance. Ds has a handmedown baby snowsuit and i havent found an extra hat yet

Kid's Fashion Center