Kid's Fashion Center

Cafe Kelly
Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!
November 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• SaraNicole1019
    November 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    I do smaller trips. I sometimes buy full outfits but usually it's just price by peice. I do a lot of clearance shopping. (mostly at target!) and then when she really needs other stuff I just get it in one swoop. :)
  • eevers55
    November 13, 2012 at 6:55 PM

We buy smaller stuff and mix and match. We only buy from the clearance rack or from thrift stores. A good set of leggings goes a long way. The only thing we ever buy new are shoes, good winter coats, and bathing suits. Even then, we try to use coupons and sales

• JKuney
    by JKuney
    November 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    I think it all just depends on what she needs and when. We normally do a big-ish shopping trip when dd goes up in size. Then I go and get different items every so often after that. I usually try to only get what she needs, although sometimes I get a full outfit if there is one on the model that just is to cute to pass up!!
  • Gilesmt
    by Gilesmt
    November 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM

My granddaughter has so many cloths, four closets full. I usually buy every month, her allowance is $300 a month and to maximize so she never has to wear the same thing twice, I but online from gymboplace, especially after a great sale, another mom finds the deal and then charges just a buck or two to above to sell to you and then shipping. I also shop RBS and other sales to get great buys. I buy complete lines so it is all mix and match, although there are some things in a line I never buy like yoga pants, but I buy all the skirts, shirts and sweaters in a line, hair clips, hats, coats and shoes. Then she is ready to go.

• mom23heathens
    November 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

All of the above. For back to school and summer clothes i buy several items all at once. Then i will buy individual items as needed to go with something or to make something transition into the next season. Long sleeved t-shirts can be worn under t-shirts to go into fall/winter and leggings worn under a summer dress etc. I will also picj up individual items i happen to come across and like while shopping for something else.

• MaskedMomma
    November 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

a piece at a time,as needed,that usually turn into big trips

• jeenw1019
    November 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I try to buy complete outfits and then hang them in their closet.  I buy as I need and we get a lot of hand me downs.  Every little bit helps.

• BabyTeki
    November 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    At stores its smaller trips throughout the year for essential pieces on sale.
  • SweetLuci
    November 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

We do a couple of big trips and then fill in as things are needed. We take a list of clothes and that way we can buy what's needed.

• Green_BayMomma
    November 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I usually buy things as needed in smaller trips, also usually combined with grocery store or other shopping trips. I am more of an impulse shopper so I get one piece at a time, unless the outfit is already "put together".

Kid's Fashion Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN