Do you prepare any special dishes for the superbowl? Our very own The Stir had an awesome recipe that I thoght I'd share with you ladies!
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins via Closet Cooking
4 medium baking potatoes, such as russet, scrubbed clean
Oil for brushing
1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced and warm
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
1. Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and bake in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about an hour.
2. Let the potatoes cool, cut in half, and scoop out the middle leaving about 1/8 inch of potato on the skin. Reserve the scooped out potato for another use like mashed potatoes.
3. Brush the potato skins all over with the oil and bake in a preheated 450F over for 10 minutes on each side.
4. Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter and then mix in the chicken.
5. Season the inside of the potato skins with salt and pepper, fill with the chicken, and sprinkle on the cheeses.
6. Broil until the cheese has melted, just a few minutes.
7. Serve while still warm, garnished with green onions and with a side of celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese sauce for dipping.
We don't normally watch the superbowl unless we're invited to a party for it but I'm gonna prepare these one night just because they look so delicious!