Colorado Moms

Bradensmommy719
annoyed
November 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM
So yesterday I had my craft fair and ended up with a migraine :-/ however the migraine was the easy part of the day.

I am annoyed with people. First the people that go to the discount stores and buy jewelry and try to sell it at gross amounts. A cdollar store necklace should not be sold at $7 at a CRAFT FAIR!

Second I understand that a lot of people are on a tight budget for the holidays and some items are not for you however do not stand there and explain to us that our prices are "too high" if you don't lime what we have to offer keep walking or go to the show where you have to pay to get in.

Yes I know my prices I set them. Are they too high in my opinion no. Cost of supplies + time = not what I was asking for. If you break down the time spent on crafting we are not getting paid near enough.

The ladies I go with are very talented one makes jewelry and the other paints. Jewelry is a very popular medium right now. All the craft stores are selling you everything you need manufactured and most likely from China. My friend goes to whole sales buys from people who like her love what they do. She buys fittings that she knows will last and won't turn you green. So yes her prices are higher than the lady that has 3 full tables of junk!
Painting in its self takes time. Yes it is only an ornament or a pin but do not claim that her prices are unfair. She put a lot of to
E and hard work into painting her rather adorable items which I think she was asking too low.

And last but not least my towels are hand stitched. Do not chalk it down to a machine doing the work. I made sure none of my towels came out of china I make sure each towel is the best work I can do and I certainly not going to sell my towel for the cost I made it. I deserve the extra dollars for the hours I spent on creating such a piece. If you want a decorative towel for cheap go somewhere else where is was mass produced and at least 100 people have the same thing.

I am thankful to those that truely do believe in making their own items I saw some wonderful creations yesterday and love that people still love to show and sell their items.

Replies

• Bradensmommy719
    November 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    Oh yea!!! A lot would say that to my friend that paints. One guy even said he made one of her same crafts and wanted to know what she sold them for. He never thought about selling them. And another lady told her she was buying one to use as a template. She is going to make them with her students.

Quoting heydooney:

That's really annoying. Sorry you had to deal with that. Another one that bothered me was they'd pick something up, look it over, maybe even compliment you on it. Then they'd put it down, turn to the person they were with and say "I could make that."

• everydayjill
    November 21, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Do you have an Etsy shop? Or any other craft fairs in the next few weeks?

• Bradensmommy719
    November 21, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    I do not. :-( if you are interested I can post what I still have.

Quoting everydayjill:

Do you have an Etsy shop? Or any other craft fairs in the next few weeks?

Colorado Moms