Colorado Moms

wonderouslife84
i feel like a failure as a mom
October 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM

im feeling really down today, i had a back history here but its long and drawn out. the short of it is, i went through a very mentally abusive divorce, my kids have suffered mentally as well from what their father has done to them. my son was abused pysically by his father and just the abuse we have all gone through made it to where when the divorce was final in july i moved from grand junction back to denver my home town with my two kids. in the process it has been horrible because my ex owes child support and is looking at jail time, yes im looking for a job have had interviews but nothing yet since i have moved. im living with my boyfriends parents right now and just got my 5 year old into school. today was his first day and the teacher told me that not to worry about school supplies because they share it all in the classroom. but i have no HELP from family members finachally so i cant even get pencils or anything for the place im at. i feel like i made a big mistake by having the kids live with me because i cant provide for them the way they need it. yes my ex has money yes hes paying bills and can provide for them better but with his abuse at hand and stuff they are mentally better off here. 

i feel like i have failed my kids because i cant even provide school supplies for my son. im trying everything i can to keep it together right now but could use some support for you all lovely ladies. anywhere you know of that would have school supplies for kids that are homeless..

Replies

• rocky_mtn_mama
    Amy
    October 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

You are NOT a failure!  

Check with churches in your area as well as food/clothing banks.  I know that the school supply drives are over, but sometimes they'll have things that can help you out.

group hug

Colorado Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts