Colorado Moms

Cafe AmyS
Favorite Mountain Spots in Colorado
Amy
August 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM

What are some of your favorite places to visit in the mountains of Colorado?

Tell us why they are your favorite.  What do you do there?

Share some pictures if you have them!

Rocky Mountains

Join us in the  Colorado Moms group!

Replies

• flowerfunleah
    August 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Lake George is beautiful! We like to go up there for camping!

We also like to visit Gunnison, Colorado for things like white water rafting, hiking, and kayacking! There's also good fishing!

Camping in Lake George

Thats right, I got cell phone reception!

• countrygirlkat
    August 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

We live in the mountains so I love to look out my front door, lol. Here is our view.

In terms of places to visit though we love the Silverthorne/Dillion area, Buena Vista, Bailey and Estes Park.  We love Bailey because it is where I grew up.  All the others have great camping and shopping and are just neat towns. 

• littlemascara
    August 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Guanella Pass

Length: 22 miles. Driving time: 1 hour.

Guanella Pass High Mountain ValleyGuanella Pass Map

For a quick study in Rocky Mountain eco-systems, you could hardly find better instruction than here. This well-settled road leap-frogs the steep divide between the South Platte and Clear Creek watersheds, passing through a succession of distinct environments. The lower elevations are green and wet, thick stands of spruce, fir, aspen, and pine rising along cascading creeks. Higher up, the streams snake through broad meadows, succoring thirsty mammals, nesting birds, and the industrious beaver, The road crests well above timberline, where every spring the grasses and flowers stubbornly renew, and the fragile tundra thaws and blossoms. This old logging and mining area flanked by Mounts Bierstadt and Evans boasts two of the state's best-preserved Victorian towns, Georgetown and Silver Plume.

Features:
    Historic Georgetown
    Georgetown Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park
    Local Chamber of Commerce(s):
    Clear Creek County Tourism
    Georgetown
    Grant

• Cafe AmyS
    Amy
    August 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

That is just gorgeous!

Quoting countrygirlkat:

We live in the mountains so I love to look out my front door, lol. Here is our view.

In terms of places to visit though we love the Silverthorne/Dillion area, Buena Vista, Bailey and Estes Park.  We love Bailey because it is where I grew up.  All the others have great camping and shopping and are just neat towns. 

• Sirat23
    by Sirat23
    August 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    We used to love to goto Waldo canyon!! We were there all the time! Love lake George and rainbow falls area
  • heydooney
    August 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Colorado National Monument (not technically mountains though, is it?)

• DreainCO
    August 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Trujillo Meadows or Red Lake Trails in the Southern Mountains going towards Chama, NM. Great views, Great camping, Great fishing!

• Bradensmommy719
    August 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    National forest outside of allenspark. We camp up there all summer every year
  • Bradensmommy719
    August 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    I loved going to rampart range. :(
  • scurnes
    by scurnes
    August 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    We like going to the winter park area. There are some great picnic spots on the way there too

Colorado Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN