Colorado Moms

Cafe AmyS
Favorite Campgrounds in Colorado
Amy
August 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Where are your favorite places to camp in Colorado?

What do you like about these places?

If you have pictures, please share them!

Grand Canyon

Join us in the  Colorado Moms group!

Replies

• flowerfunleah
    August 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Dh likes to camp like a rustic man. But we have Dd now and she's not quite ready for that so when we camp we usually go up to Lake George in the mountains and there's a campsite up there. If you're car is 4 wheel drive and up for it, a little further along is another campsite near a stream!

• countrygirlkat
    August 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM

We love to camp!  We go tent camping.  Our favorite places to go are Rifle Falls and over by Grand Junction.  My favorite places to go when I was a kid were Dillon and Buena Vista. 

• ktinaza
    by ktinaza
    August 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I'm a single mom of 2 little kids so we dont camp ....YET

• caemommy
    August 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM

there is a really fun Jellystone Park in Larkspur - you can do tent camping, or rent a cabin, rv or yurt! fun activities for the kids.

• ColoradoParent
    August 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

They have campgrounds in Colorado?  ha ha!  It's all about finding a nice quiet spot in the mountains that has a semi level place to pitch the tent!!

• ddwin
    by ddwin
    August 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM

We've only been to Chatfield... which wasn't all that exciting. I was hoping to try some more campgrounds up in the mountains this year, but the fires/fire danger made me too nervous. 

• scurnes
    by scurnes
    August 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    We actually have never been camping in Colorado. I have been to Yellowstone but that's the only place I went camping.
  • AshleyLynnW
    August 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    Our favorite place to go camping is San Isabel. We tent camp, but they have bathrooms which is nice :) there is a huge lake to go fishing and it's just gorgeous up there.
  • Dimples303
    August 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    We always go camping at Pikes National Forrest. It's beautiful and quiet up there. No bathrooms or anything but it's a really nice place to relax and have fun. :) I think it's about 2 hours away from the Denver area.
  • Bradensmommy719
    August 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    We dont pay to camp. We go to the national forest find a nice shady spot and pitch the tent. The farther from civilzation the better, no cell service, no neighbors. :)

Colorado Moms