Ohio Moms

ivylynn0711
Spoiled Children**EDIT**
Ivy
December 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Do you spoil your kids or do you make sure they appreciate things?

***I meant do you get them everything they ask for*****

Replies

• johnny4ever
    December 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

A little of both

• ba13ygrl1987
    December 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM
    They equally appreciate being spoiled
  • ivylynn0711
    Ivy
    December 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM

i meant do you spoil them by getting them every little thing they ask for

• ba13ygrl1987
    December 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    Yes, they usually get what they ask for. Ds has never not gotten something specific he asked for and dd is only 1. She doesn't ask, she points and daddy buys. Especially from santa. Santa always brings you what you want. But on the flip side my kids (meaning the older one) also donates his used toys without fuss. Twice a year we do a major clean out. So although they're spoiled they still appreciate what they get and know how to give back.
  • Mommy2justone
    December 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    She is an only child. There is some spoiling. But she knows that daddy and mommy work hard to make this life for her.
  • cheez1e
    by cheez1e
    December 3, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    No, my kids don't get everything they ask for. They understand that mommy and daddy will do their best but sometimes it's just not possible.
    They do have far more than I did growing up though.
  • JoeyJrsMomma
    December 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM

My kids are still small, 3 and almost 19 months, so they don't really understand any of that yet. When we go shopping, my oldest might see something he wants and we tell him, we're not going to get that right now, and he doesn't argue, he will put it back and say good-bye to it and not throw a fit. If we go down the candy isle, my youngest will point to everything and say thank you, but we don't buy him anything and it doesn't phase him. We try not to spoil them, but we do like to surprise them with things that they want.

• BlessedToBeMe
    December 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

We would have to win the lottery to be able to get them everything they ask for;they have really expensive taste & there are 4 of them. But in a way I'd say they are spoiled still b/c they get a lot of things  they don't need.  They could always appreciate things more but I think that comes with age

• SAHM_USAF
    December 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I absolutely do not spoil my children, including not getting them everything they ask for. No child really needs everything they ask for. They have all the necessities and plenty of toys.

It is very important for children to learn the meaning of the word "no." :)

Incidentally, I am frequently complimented on how incredibly well-behaved my children are, especially since I have so many lol.

• EthansMomma2010
    December 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

i do not spoil my child at all. i think children who are spoiled are miserable and miserable to be around. no thank you.

Ohio Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts