Ohio Moms

ivylynn0711
School uniforms
Ivy
November 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Does your child go to a school where they wear uniforms? If so do you like it?

Do you like your kid wearing uniforms?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 57% - Yes..then there's no judging
  2. 28% - No..then there's no individuality
  3. 14% - it really doesn't matter

Replies

• ba13ygrl1987
    November 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    Yep and it makes getting dressed and picking out clothes battle free. He can wear whatever he wants for play clothes (because i don't buy inappropriate clothing) so individuality isn't really an issue. He can express himself from 3:30pm- bedtime monday-friday and all day on the weekends.
  • sarahbell811
    November 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

They don't but I can't say I would mind it if I did. It would make getting ready easier, also you wouldn't have to worry about your kids getting picked on for what they wear.

• Misha1204
    November 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I didn't use to like them, but I like how easy it is to get dressed.

• momtoBrenna
    November 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    I don't like dd's dress code/uniform because it is hard to find clothing that fits the code that dd will agree to wear. They have to wear 100% solid color collared shirts or sweaters or jumpers or polo style dresses and black, tan or khaki pants, shorts or skirts. It is hard to find the solid color tops that don't cost $20-$30 a piece and we just can't afford that right now so she only has a few school clothes that she has to wear over and over again.
  • ba13ygrl1987
    November 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    That's the exact same dress code as my sons school and I bought all his shirts for 5dollars each. The girls wear white, pink, purple, brown, tan, red, yellow, green. My ds has red, orange, yellow, green and blue. We shop Walmart, target, meijers, kohls and second hand stores. I've never seen the solid color collard shirts for 20-30.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

I don't like dd's dress code/uniform because it is hard to find clothing that fits the code that dd will agree to wear. They have to wear 100% solid color collared shirts or sweaters or jumpers or polo style dresses and black, tan or khaki pants, shorts or skirts. It is hard to find the solid color tops that don't cost $20-$30 a piece and we just can't afford that right now so she only has a few school clothes that she has to wear over and over again.
  • momtoBrenna
    November 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

p

I looked at Walmart, Target and several thrift stores. It could also be because she just started a few weeks ago so I am looking now. She is allowed to wear long sleeved t-shirts and sweatshirts with sweats 2 days a week so that helps but the sweats have to be black or gray. Her pants cost me $15 a piece so I only bought her 3 pair of dress pants and 2 pair of sweat type pants and it came to $60 and that was at Target.
  • ba13ygrl1987
    November 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    Yeah that's nuts! But your right maybe it's just the time of year. Next summer check craigslist too. I sold all of my sons kindergarten clothes (5 shirts and 5 pants) for 20 bucks. And I found his new clothes (5 shirts and 5 pants) for 40 total. I had to buy 1 pair of pants new and the rest were second hand or major clearance.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

p

I looked at Walmart, Target and several thrift stores. It could also be because she just started a few weeks ago so I am looking now. She is allowed to wear long sleeved t-shirts and sweatshirts with sweats 2 days a week so that helps but the sweats have to be black or gray. Her pants cost me $15 a piece so I only bought her 3 pair of dress pants and 2 pair of sweat type pants and it came to $60 and that was at Target.
  • Shelly123
    November 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I LOVE UNIFORMS SAVES US A FORTUNE IN CLOTHES AND SAVES TIME IN THE MORNING, THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO WEAR.  ITS SAFER TO,  I REMEMBER BEFORE UNIFORMS KIDS WERE BEING KILLED FOR THERE GYM SHOES AND JACKETS.   PLUS,  KIDS CAN CONCENTRATE ON THERE SCHOOLING INSTEAD OF CLOTHES, I WISH WE WERE WEARING THEM IN MY DAY.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    We homeschool, but I think uniforms are great.
  • skmehlebam
    November 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    Thankfully my kids new school doesn't have them. Their old school did for 1st grade and up. She was in kindy there so she never had to wear them.

Ohio Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts