Virginia Moms

milmil06
Homemade gifts
January 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Do your kids ever make homemade gifts from stuff they find? I thought it was so cute the other day I took my kids for a walk around our neighborhood and onto the beach in our neighborhood (we live on the James river) they were collecting shells and my oldest found a pendant like shell with a worn hole from the water and sand. He said he wanted to make his aunt ( my sil) a necklace for her birthday today. So we ran some fishing line through it and made a necklace I think it's so cute and so thoughtful my four year old even thought of it lol

Replies

• MyMysMommie819
    January 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

That's sweet!! =) My dd's only 2 so not yet. She does like to pick me "flowers" more like weeds but hey I won't compalin lol

• virginiamama71
    January 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

The best gift. 

• MaMaLaLa369
    January 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

awww, how cute! i woudl totally wear that shell on a necklace :D

my girls love to do crafty things, and they always tell me that what they are making is for me :) my oldest is learning to write whole words so she likes to make notes fo rme. this is one of her most recent she wrote for me after i gave her soem seaweed snacks that she didn't like (that first time at least, we tried again and she loves it now)-

"no more seaweed (for) Lexi (and) Lana"

• milmil06
    January 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Omg that's soooo cute! Lol my oldest used to chow down on crispy seaweed snacks frm trader joes now I can get him too look at them lol

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

my girls love to do crafty things, and they always tell me that what they are making is for me :) my oldest is learning to write whole words so she likes to make notes fo rme. this is one of her most recent she wrote for me after i gave her soem seaweed snacks that she didn't like (that first time at least, we tried again and she loves it now)-

• virginiamama71
    January 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Love it...especially her cute 's' 

LOL

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

• SabrinaLC
    January 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM

That is cute!

My children like to make cards for people.  They leave the other stuff up to their crafty momma! lol

• milmil06
    January 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'm far from crafty in wish I was lol

Quoting SabrinaLC:

That is cute!

My children like to make cards for people.  They leave the other stuff up to their crafty momma! lol

Virginia Moms