Virginia Moms

milmil06
Homemade gifts
January 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Do your kids ever make homemade gifts from stuff they find? I thought it was so cute the other day I took my kids for a walk around our neighborhood and onto the beach in our neighborhood (we live on the James river) they were collecting shells and my oldest found a pendant like shell with a worn hole from the water and sand. He said he wanted to make his aunt ( my sil) a necklace for her birthday today. So we ran some fishing line through it and made a necklace I think it's so cute and so thoughtful my four year old even thought of it lol

Replies

• MyMysMommie819
    January 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

That's sweet!! =) My dd's only 2 so not yet. She does like to pick me "flowers" more like weeds but hey I won't compalin lol

• virginiamama71
    January 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

The best gift. 

• MaMaLaLa369
    January 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

awww, how cute! i woudl totally wear that shell on a necklace :D

my girls love to do crafty things, and they always tell me that what they are making is for me :) my oldest is learning to write whole words so she likes to make notes fo rme. this is one of her most recent she wrote for me after i gave her soem seaweed snacks that she didn't like (that first time at least, we tried again and she loves it now)-

"no more seaweed (for) Lexi (and) Lana"

• milmil06
    January 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Omg that's soooo cute! Lol my oldest used to chow down on crispy seaweed snacks frm trader joes now I can get him too look at them lol

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

my girls love to do crafty things, and they always tell me that what they are making is for me :) my oldest is learning to write whole words so she likes to make notes fo rme. this is one of her most recent she wrote for me after i gave her soem seaweed snacks that she didn't like (that first time at least, we tried again and she loves it now)-

• virginiamama71
    January 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Love it...especially her cute 's' 

LOL

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

• SabrinaLC
    January 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM

That is cute!

My children like to make cards for people.  They leave the other stuff up to their crafty momma! lol

• milmil06
    January 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'm far from crafty in wish I was lol

Quoting SabrinaLC:

That is cute!

My children like to make cards for people.  They leave the other stuff up to their crafty momma! lol

Virginia Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts