Virginia Moms

Renee02
I'm new and moving to VA Beach!
by Renee02
December 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hi everyone! My hubs is Military and just got word we will be moving to Virginia Beach in April 2013 for 3yrs. I am excited. I have a 7yr old ADHD son and a 4yr old daughter. We are planning on living in VA Beach, but if not, then maybe Chesapeake area. Other locations we were told to stay away. I am also looking for elementory school for my oldest. If anyone wants to get to know each other, you can look me up on facebook because I am rarely on here. It's under Rene'e Weih (Rene'e Gibbs). I am a SAHM and in online college to get my degree for Vet Tech.

Replies

• virginiamama71
    December 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Welcome to soon being in Virginia.

• nicki1018
    December 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    Welcome
  • MyMysMommie819
    December 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    Welcome to the group and soon to VA!!! :)
  • Xat
    by Xat
    December 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Welcome to the group!

• Renee02
    by Renee02
    December 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Thanks ladies! We are excited. Luckly we have family almost 3hrs from where we will be living and 1 of my best friends a hr away. So atleast I won't be fully alone lol. Just hope I will make friends before hand lol and hopefully they stay friends. Being Military its hard to make "true" friends. I dealt with that for almost 8yrs now so I am used to it, but this time around I want it to be different. We shall see!!

• Rach0307
    December 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    Welcome! I live in Norfolk and love it! DH is also military, and we've lived here for almost 5 years. Hope you end up liking the area :)
  • Renee02
    by Renee02
    December 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Thanks love! I am over whelmed because I just took a couple minutes just to look up schools and there are 56 to choose from. Obviously ratings I need to look at. So now I need to figure out what zip code we will want to live BUT we won't know till we are there and looking for a house. I wish the MIlitary would hire someone to do this for us LOL. I never had to look for a school before so its tiring. Deff have to get on this before we move and pick which ones I like and call them and such. I am glad you love the area! I can't wait! Deff alot of things to check out and of course there is the beach to relax.

Quoting Rach0307:

Welcome! I live in Norfolk and love it! DH is also military, and we've lived here for almost 5 years. Hope you end up liking the area :)

• Jessplus31979
    December 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM

We are in Newport News and I have pretty much been living here off and on since I was 18. My hubby is Navy and we just transfered back down here 2 years ago. It's not that bad. I have an 11 year old son and a 7 year old son! We should def get up when you guys get here

• dingysfamily
    December 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I'm a bit more NW than VA Beach, about halfway between Charlottesville & DC actually in a little place called Bealeton ... but I've been to VA Beach.  It's pretty much a military area & a beach area.  As to the schools, I have no idea about them.  I can tell you this though, my youngest dd went to Old Dominion University for a semister & her roommate lived her entire life in VA Beach ... she & her family loved living there!

Virginia Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN