Virginia Moms

MTDLBlog
President Obama Plans Debate Comeback
October 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM

If you were watching the first debate, we all know that Obama did not bring his 'A-game'. His usuall charismatic and quick minded ways just didn't come through as he responded to the spitfire commentary of Mitt Romney. President Obama has since come out saying that he was "too polite" and plans to change his approach at the next debate. 

I have to agree that Obama was, in fact, too polite. With the video that had surface in the weeks leading up to the debate of Mitt Romney claiming that nearly half of our country simply chooses to live off of welfare rather than work to get off of it, I found that disheartening. It's not to say that there aren't those who abuse the system, but that is most definitely a statement that I found offensive. There are plenty of families working hard to provide for their families and still just cannot do so. I would have loved to have heard Mitt answer to that a bit more when discussing the economy.

The President and Mitt Romney have been hitting the Virginia campaign trail pretty hard  because we are one of the battleground states - so it's important to them that they work to sway those undecided voters. As of this week, Obama is holding a 50 to 47 percent lead over Romney. But there is 3% undecided and with the President losing his once large 8 point lead, it's looking like a tighter race. 

I'm working hard to keep focus on the issues that are important to me and my family and I find it all overwhelming to keep track of where these candidates are going with their plans - but in general, I think I know where I plan to vote - do you? 

I'm looking forward to seeing the President actually engage Mitt Romney a bit more and hold him accountable for some of his words on the campaign trail and otherwise. I also look forward to hearing them both break down some specifics of their plans...if they will ever get to that. 

What questions still linger in your mind about the candidates and their plans for our country?

Image via iStock [Sadeugra]

Replies

• on_the_beach
    October 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

The next two debates should be interesting. 

I'm looking forward to watching tonights.

• MomTiara19
    October 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I hope Biden brings his A game:)

~Tia

• mom2twingirl797
    October 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    Go Joe!
  • virginiamama71
    October 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Agree

Quoting MomTiara19:

I hope Biden brings his A game:)

~Tia

• hhhanna
    by hhhanna
    October 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Well, it's very obvious that you are voting for Obama.  I'm voting for Romney.  If there was any one question that I'd ask Obama it would be - What are you going to do in the next four years to give us a better outcome than we've had out of your first four years.  Basically what I've heard from Obama is, that under him, we're going to get four more years of what we've had and to me, that is unacceptable on every level.

• mom_to_travis
    October 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Biden kicked ass last night.  Obama needs to bring it in the next debate.  You can be polite and not get walked on all night long.

• egyptian_mommy
    October 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    Agreed.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Biden kicked ass last night.  Obama needs to bring it in the next debate.  You can be polite and not get walked on all night long.

• LancesMom
    October 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

fingers crossedI hope he does.

• arpazia
    by arpazia
    October 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    Yes! He needs to " up his game" so to speak!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

• nicki1018
    October 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM

We shall see...

Virginia Moms