Iowa Moms

Jennifer508
Is anyone else having a hard Christmas?
November 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM
This Christmas is very difficult for my family. I got hurt at work and my supervisor dropped my hours hoping I would quit. Is anyone else having a difficult Holiday season?

Replies

• MacKoleMom
    November 29, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Yes I am having a difficult holiday! My husband works but his hours were cut due to the season.. we are struggling to pay the bills so christmas is very hard! I would love to send your kids a card in the mail to brighten their day!:) send me a message if you would like! Merry christmas and I will say some prayers for you!

• Jennifer508
    November 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    I will pray for your family as well;) The Holidays make times worse. I signed them up for the angel tree but unfortunately the cut off age is 14;( my oldest is 16.

Quoting MacKoleMom:

Yes I am having a difficult holiday! My husband works but his hours were cut due to the season.. we are struggling to pay the bills so christmas is very hard! I would love to send your kids a card in the mail to brighten their day!:) send me a message if you would like! Merry christmas and I will say some prayers for you!

• Ferrari
    by Ferrari
    November 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    I don't really think we're having a hard Christmas, but we don't spend a lot on Christmas no matter what. This year I'm making a lot of the gifts I give out. That helps with funds a little.
  • a06z08mama
    November 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    Mine is tough too. Finally getting my financial situation back on track from the divorce. The biggest gift for my DD is a room painted and set up as a play room for her and brother. They will get some toys but I am mostly getting that room ready with stuff. Definitely not spending very much! Maybe $150 total. The paint I got was mis-tinted so was 50% off. And furniture is getting rearranged in the house so I can put some in that room. :)
  • celestegood
    December 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    Praying your situation improves and soon.

Quoting MacKoleMom:

• celestegood
    December 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    We arent spending much. Three hundred max.
  • celestegood
    December 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    Oh and we have four kiddos. So fifty each.
  • meam4444
    December 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I guess I always see Christmas isn't about the gifts, but it is really about wholesome family time celebrating the birth of Jesus.  I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.  And, I hope life becomes less stressful for you.

• Rachel0610
    December 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have 2 kiddos in which we are trying to teach the actual mean of chirstmas so we don't do big big christmas's we only spend about 100 dollars on christmas per child which is usually clothing and such

• celestegood
    December 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    We didn't have a great christmas, but it's not the gifts that matter, its family.

Iowa Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts