Iowa Moms

emilyelephant
Vaccination requirements?
November 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I am thinking about delaying my daughters vaccinations but want to be prepared if my pediatrician tries to force it on me. It's my understanding that vaccinations aren't a requirement until I decide to put her in daycare and when I enroll her in school? Is there anything else I should know? She is 2 months old and just got her 2 month vaccines, we have decided vaccinating is not for us at this point.

Replies

• king04
    by king04
    November 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I think thats it as long as she is not in school or daycare then she is okay I hate that they push that on you about getting them. My kids have the waiver for the next 3 years

• easinpc
    by easinpc
    November 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Not sure but here is a bump for you.

• meam4444
    December 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I hope your pediatrician doesn't force it on you.  We are the parent and should be able to choose for our own child.  I have known of some who have done the delayed vaccination, and they never had an issue with their doctor.  It may help just to let your doctor speak what they think (as long as more of a discussion versus them becoming forceful and confrontational) just so they feel like they gave you information?  Just an idea.  Good luck!

Iowa Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN