Iowa Moms

FootballFan12
Slight changes in polls, post debate
October 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

FIRST POST-DEBATE POLL NUMBERS SHOW PRESIDENTIAL RACE ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED 

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of voters taken after Wednesday’s presidential debate shows only minor movement. In the poll’s last pre-debate survey, President Obama led Mitt Romney by seven points. After the debate, Obama’s lead remains five points, 48 percent to 43.

Do you think Wednesday's debate made a difference in the poll numbers? 

Do you think moderates and independents are paying close attention to the debates to determine which way they will vote?

Replies

• torttia
    by torttia
    October 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I made my decision a while ago. I don't think many are on the fence.

• talkberry
    October 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
    I don't think it has made much difference and I hope more people don't vote 3rd party because although I am a Republican, Dems rarely do so and we get stuck with Obama. That's how George Bush Sr. Lost his second run.
  • angeltink7
    October 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I was on the fence till just rectently.  All the debates did was make dems and Reps feel more justified in their choices.  I do feel there are some still on the fence as well.

• zoesmama23
    October 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Maybe a slight difference, but with two more to go, it wasn't a game changer, per sè. Four of the last five incumbents did crappy in first debate--and two of them still go re-elected (Reagan and George W). So...anything could happen, but I think Obama will pull it out and be able to finish the job he started. The hole we were in at the start of 2009 was vast, and if you look at all the facts, and I mean ALL, we haves sè progress. The Republican led Congress has tried to stop everything and anything Obama has tried to green light and most often just so he doesn't get re-elected. There are senators on record that say it! If that's the state of country and politics, it doesn't matter what party is in control. Obama tries to at least work with them--but much to slammed doors in his face. Also, I'm sorry--I truly don't understand how any woman could vote for him. I won't go down that road, but dang. How many years can the GOP (greedy old people) set us back? I can't in good faith elect people to represent me with such archaic views.
  • zoesmama23
    October 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Now would i allow Romney to advise my portfolio? Sure! ;)
  • chrissir
    October 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I really agree most when they state that the polls really didnt change and very few are on the fence.  I too, I hope members of voting dont vote 3rd party. I dont think it helps our country at all. if you want our country to change then get involved! SOmething as simple as putting a sign in front yard can influence some, or volunteering for your local chapter of whatever party you are.  I dont think Obama is the AntiChrist, please do more research before spouting off things. 

• lhopper11
    October 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    I don't think the debate changed the polls, but I'm not sure post debate polls are out in force yet. I agree that a 3rd party can be an alternative to the 'lesser of two evils'. Unfortunately that often makes it more likely we'll get the greater of two evils - Ralph Nadar's run being a case in point.
  • Scribbleprints
    October 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I don't watch debates any more...I just read the fact checker sites about them.  (OK, that's not completely true...though this time it was.  My husband watched it and said he didn't learn anything new so I figured that I'd skip it this time.  But I am reading up on several fact check sites.  It's best to read the whole articles because you learn more about the complexities of the issues that way). 

• spcmom
    by spcmom
    October 7, 2012 at 12:49 AM
    I understand your thinking, but we have a 2 party race. A vote for a third party is essentially a wasted vote. I am of the opinion that I am casting my vote to vote one out.

Quoting CABZS:

I don't think moderates or independants are being swayed, I think we will see more people voting 3rd party this election.  Which I am happy about:)

I didn't bother watching the debates, Obama & Romney are both idiots & both will not help this country at all.

I will be voting 3rd party, I refuse to stick w/the thought of having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

We want things to change in this country, well they won't change unless we as citizens do as well & part of that change many are starting w/how they vote.

• kloeesmom
    October 7, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    Absolutely right!!!! OBAMA cannot be trusted!!! I mean look at his track record! We will completely belong to China by the time he's done ruining this country!!!! Either that or al quida will take us over once he completely dismantles our army and renders us completely helpless!

Quoting jzzymom29:

Well to those who read and listen to both candidates in the past few months.   Found out one is a liar, and the other wants to continue with his Presidency.    People who lie and cheat cannot be trusted..

Iowa Moms