Iowa Moms

FootballFan12
Slight changes in polls, post debate
October 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

FIRST POST-DEBATE POLL NUMBERS SHOW PRESIDENTIAL RACE ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED 

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of voters taken after Wednesday’s presidential debate shows only minor movement. In the poll’s last pre-debate survey, President Obama led Mitt Romney by seven points. After the debate, Obama’s lead remains five points, 48 percent to 43.

Do you think Wednesday's debate made a difference in the poll numbers? 

Do you think moderates and independents are paying close attention to the debates to determine which way they will vote?

Replies

• mom_to_travis
    October 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

It doesn't appear to have effected the poll numbers much at all.  While I think people are paying attention to the debates, I'm not sure I believe they will be the determining factor for most people.

• mom2jessnky
    October 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

It doesn't appear to have made much of a difference in the polls.

• celestegood
    October 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    Eh, I'm sure most are decided.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

It doesn't appear to have effected the poll numbers much at all.  While I think people are paying attention to the debates, I'm not sure I believe they will be the determining factor for most people.

• celestegood
    October 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    True.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

It doesn't appear to have made much of a difference in the polls.

• celestegood
    October 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    I don't think the debates did anything but stir...debate! lol
  • wonderwomanT08
    October 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

You can NEVER go by the polls! 

• CABZS
    by CABZS
    October 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I don't think moderates or independants are being swayed, I think we will see more people voting 3rd party this election.  Which I am happy about:)

I didn't bother watching the debates, Obama & Romney are both idiots & both will not help this country at all.

I will be voting 3rd party, I refuse to stick w/the thought of having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

We want things to change in this country, well they won't change unless we as citizens do as well & part of that change many are starting w/how they vote.

• Threes.Company
    October 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM

It affected things for me personally.  I was not sure which direction I was going to go.  Now I am leaning towards Romney.  I am not sure who they polled, but I can speak for myself.

• brandydesiree
    October 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    Why have I never been polled? Anybody on here ever participated in one?
  • milmil06
    October 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    I think my husband did a poll on the phone the other day and I almost had a heart attack when he told me he pressed two for Obama he just laughed at me

Iowa Moms