Florida Moms

armyvet06
toddler girl hair help!
January 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Im trying to figure out what i can do with dd's hair. Its short and curly but she has a lot of it. Other than pulling it back with a hair tie or a head band, idk what else to do.

Replies

• armyvet06
    January 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    We usually do the pig tails and the half ponies. I just want to switch it up a little.

Quoting WendyJR:

Dd has pretty curly hair. I keep it in a half pony tail, pig tails, barettes, I use detangling spray after I wash it. She's pretty good about leaving things in her hair though
  • armyvet06
    January 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    We have them and do try to use them but she is terrible at keeping them in.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

ah.  well for DD i just use it to tame her wild curls.  if you don't want headbands or clips, i really have no suggestions.  sorry. 

Quoting armyvet06:

I dont have a problem with the frizziness. I just use a little drop of her lotion. Its just figuring out what to do with it style wise since its so short.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

we use tea tree oil to prevent headlice.  but it works great for taming wild hair.  DD has some funky curly hair lol.  ringlets in the front, straightish in the back.   i put several drops of the oil in a plastic cup of water, dip a brush in and run it through her hair.  i use it on mine too when i bother at all.  my hair frizzes like crazy. when i use the oil, i don't have to worry about the flat iron. 

• KylesMom409
    January 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    Bump!
  • Kaylahk
    by Kaylahk
    January 26, 2013 at 5:58 AM
    I have a son but when I was little my hair was so unruly but it was also stick straight so this might not help. My mom would always put my hair in a whale tail on the top of my head. Seems to always be my hairstyle at that point.
  • MamaBear2cubs
    January 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Is it long enough to braid?I'd deep condition,detangle and tight braid. My daughter has differant textured hair though so it may not help. Good luck hun.

• armyvet06
    January 26, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    Not quite. I tried yesterday. Some parts if her hair is still shorter than the rest.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Is it long enough to braid?I'd deep condition,detangle and tight braid. My daughter has differant textured hair though so it may not help. Good luck hun.

• armyvet06
    January 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    Thats what i do now

Quoting Kaylahk:

I have a son but when I was little my hair was so unruly but it was also stick straight so this might not help. My mom would always put my hair in a whale tail on the top of my head. Seems to always be my hairstyle at that point.
  • strictmomhere
    Nan
    January 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    Im no help sorry
  • maxswolfsuit
    Max
    January 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

IDK

Clips would be cute. 

• LadyBast
    January 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

A little pony on top to stick up that would be so cute, adorable pic and love her hair!

Florida Moms