Florida Moms

Misserica91
CNA NURSES!
January 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM

So I'm formerly from Pennsylvania. Been in Florida for almost a month now. I used to work at a nursing home as a homemaker/activity person. That's my main area of work. I wanted to take cna classes in PA but I figured the guidelines would be different in Florida. Can someone tell me from what school you went to get certified, the nursing home that got you certified, how much you had to pay for classes, to how much they pay you for this work.

Before I moved up I was doing some research & saw that apparently there was not a high demand for CNA's & that you get paid $9 an hour. This true?

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I have not worked as a CNA  in many years. I was able to get the training and certification through my employer. I paid nothing out of pocket and made $13 an hour working in a nursing home, 2nd shift. This has been 8 years ago mind you so things might have changed by now.

• sheri305
    January 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

bump

• auntangelofsix
    January 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    Bump
  • Misserica91
    January 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    That's how it was at my old job. 13 dollars an hour in the evenings. Thank you. What does bump mean btw? Haha.
  • LadyBast
    January 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM

My sister took classes in OH and then moved to FL and just had to do a test to get her CNA here and she was paid a lot more than that, she took it up full time last I heard from her..

Florida Moms