Florida Moms

Cafe Steph
Are you guilty of wearing pajamas out of the house?
January 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Moms Who Wear Pajamas in Public Have Officially Let Themselves Go

Posted by Mary Fischer on January 15, 2013 

pajamasI won't lie -- as a work-at-home mom, there are at least a couple days a week where I resort to a uniform of yoga pants and a hoodie. I'm not leaving the house, so there's really no sense in wasting a perfectly good outfit if no one's going to see it.

But even if I do manage to squeeze in an exciting trip to the grocery store on one of my yoga pants days -- I don't bother to change, because yoga pants are fairly well accepted as an appropriate wear-anywhere outfit in today's society.

However, there's one piece of clothing in particular I will never be caught dead wearing in public -- and that's pajamas. Sleepwear is called sleepwear for a reason, people -- and it needs to stay in the bedroom where it belongs.

But apparently not everyone is as turned off by sporting pjs outside of the home as I am. Recently, I've noticed more and more moms out and about at the grocery store, pharmacy, post office, pumping gas, you name it -- looking frumpy and disheveled in a pair of brightly patterned flannel pajama bottoms. (Oh, the horror.)

And I don't mean to be Ms. Judgy Pants, really, I don't -- but every time I see a mom wearing pjs in public, I just can't help but wonder what on earth made her totally let herself go like that. Yes, there are days when getting fully dressed is a real drag, and mustering up the motivation to change out of whatever you slept in the night before and put on regular clothes can be next to impossible.

But it's so, so worth it to put in that little bit of extra effort to thrown on clothes, because when you simply roll out of bed and leave the house, you look like you just rolled out of bed and left the house -- and it's just not a pretty sight for anyone.

And the good news is that changing from pjs to regular clothes doesn't have to mean sacrificing comfort. There are plenty of pajama-like clothing options on the market these days for moms who don't want to feel confined and/or have their movement restricted in a pair of jeans, pants, and the like.

Take the few minutes and make the extra effort, moms. You'll feel better about yourself, and everyone you happen to encounter in public will thank you. Trust me.

Are you guilty of wearing pajamas out of the house?

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Pajamas no but I do have a pair of adorabel boot type slippers that I wear outside all the time lol.

• loveTHEviking
    January 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Haha..me too!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Pajamas no but I do have a pair of adorabel boot type slippers that I wear outside all the time lol.

• loveTHEviking
    January 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I'm guilty of doing this but just b/c I do doesn't mean I have let myself go. I brush my hair & put on a little powder & mascara..pinch my cheeks for color.. lol.

• Vinterland
    January 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I only wore pajama pants outside of the house after I had my son, I had a c-section and couldn't wear anything tight because of the incision. I switched to sweat pants after a week. Other than that, I don't wear pajamas outside of the house.

• LadyBast
    January 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Nope cannot carry a gun in them :)  jeans only if I go out now the  mail box IDC what I look like

• wingsfan1234
    Amy
    January 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM

this after all 3 of my c-sections  

Quoting Vinterland:

I only wore pajama pants outside of the house after I had my son, I had a c-section and couldn't wear anything tight because of the incision. I switched to sweat pants after a week. Other than that, I don't wear pajamas outside of the house.

• TaralynnStewart
    January 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    Sometimes when I run my DD to school but never to the store or anything
  • jbirdsladie27
    January 16, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    Only twice & both times I was coming home from the hospital & I felt 1/2 dead.
  • Ruthzaad
    January 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    I don't wear PJs out of the house, usually don't even wear them after 9 am lol I do too much during the day to wear them that long
  • sheri305
    January 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Nope

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts