Florida Moms

Luisa621
If you work in an office..
January 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM

What do you wear to the office? As I mentioned before, we are moving to Florida this summer and I am a Paralegal, and I kind of want to start shopping for office attire for the heat, how do you dress? Are most offices air conditioned? Any outfits postings would be helpful!

This is pretty much what I wear now..

Replies

• Fairegirl33
    January 11, 2013 at 3:18 PM

This is kinda like what I wear to the office...

Being a paralegal, I'm sure you are required to dress more so I'm not sure...

Yes I'm sure every office has AC.
  • Luisa621
    January 11, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I am so glad to hear that they probably have AC in the offices! I love the weather down there, but I dont know if I could handle it WHILE I am stressed out. LOl!

• TAG_ur_it
    January 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

the 1st, 4th and 6th are all somethng my grandmother would have worn 10 years ago.  no offense if this is your style but those are the things she wore all through the 90s.   2 and 3 are better, but i'm personally not crazy about the color combo.  5, i can't even comment on.   non of them seem like they would be very flattering. 

Quoting Luisa621:

What do you wear to the office? As I mentioned before, we are moving to Florida this summer and I am a Paralegal, and I kind of want to start shopping for office attire for the heat, how do you dress? Are most offices air conditioned? Any outfits postings would be helpful!

• Luisa621
    January 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Thanks for your input!

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

the 1st, 4th and 6th are all somethng my grandmother would have worn 10 years ago.  no offense if this is your style but those are the things she wore all through the 90s.   2 and 3 are better, but i'm personally not crazy about the color combo.  5, i can't even comment on.   non of them seem like they would be very flattering. 

Quoting Luisa621:

• fygfitness_mom
    January 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM

It depends on the day and my mood. However, these are a few things that look similar to what I wear to work. I will also wear some black slacks with a cute shirt.

• lukee
    by lukee
    January 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM

each place of business varies==stay conservative till you find out --you can always relax if environment calls for it but first impressions should be professional--you cannot go wrong with a couple slacks and skirts and tops that you can move about. A/C is a given --at that point it too varies --some places if boss wears jacket in the office you may need one as well--one place I worked recently if hot out it was cold enough to hang meat inside. By the time a couple weeks have passed you will know where to go with your wardrobe--also wait till you see if others wear capris or sandals before you do ==many allow it but some depending on how the clientele are may stick to a limited dress code--others may go for casual and go even to jeans on Fri--Just relax and you will have it all under control in very short order==best to you in your new venture

• LadyBast
    January 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

FYI for Legal you wear suits, they want you the most professional you can be depending on the office you work in.. When we moved I had a interview at a HUGE firm and they were all very professional! Yes I have a Legal background also, so depends on where you work.... All offices here are different, some will let you wear this others nope...

• KylesMom409
    January 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    I work for Bank of America and up until the first of the year, we were very casual in our dress. Now we have to wear jackets every day but it really does look more professional.

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN