Florida Moms

TAG_ur_it
on the hunt, need real estate help.
January 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM

ok so i'm resigned to the fact that i'm stuck in florida for a few more years unless an amazing job opportunity pops up for DH.  so i need ideas.  since i've been in orlando, i've lived in the 3 worst areas.  rosemont, pine hills and americana. ugh.  

so i need help. we are sure we need to be w/in 30 minutes of metrowest blvd.  south apopka, old winter garden, maybe ocoee are ok.  we might consider minneola though i've never been there.  idk much about other areas though.  we want small town feel, good schools, and it has to have a good fdle report. so anyone that has info on some of the safer areas, i'd really appreciate suggestions.  our budget is small though, so places like windermere, bay hill and dr. phillips are out, as well as downtown. 

Replies

• supermomwife09
    January 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM

ok I will =]

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

awesome.  yeah that would be my preferred area for all of those reasons.  if you hear about anything for rent over there (3br or more) please let me know. if we could find a 4br in our range, we'd buy over there. 

Quoting supermomwife09:

Yea we live like 5 minutes from downtown Winter Garden and love going for walks with our son and dogs...and LOVE the frozen yogurt place! =] we also enjoy going to the farmers market every saturday morning for our fresh fruits and veggies and the 3rd saturday of every month they have a car show makes nights out with our son easy and cheap haha and I like to go for walks and runs on the west orange trail which is right behind where we live by a nice park

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

we love the area just north of the historic downtown area. i'd love to be close enough for the kids to walk down and get ice cream or all of us could go see a movie or get pizza.  by far my favorite area. 

Quoting supermomwife09:

Winter Garden is a good area...that's where I currently live with my fiance's mom...Minneola is nice my best friends grandma lives there and loves it! It's quiet but not too far for errands

• LadyBast
    January 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Sorry no help here I have no idea where you are at I am in Tampa!

• LorisBaby
    January 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I have been living in Winter Garden for almost 8 years. I love it. Great school, nice communities, close shopping, highways nearby. A quick search showed about 20 4 bedroom or larger homes under 200k. Sounds like time to find a good realtor. Good luck with your search!!

• KylesMom409
    January 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    Bump!

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts