Florida Moms

MSROCKY
Planning to move with my Autistic child to FL...
by MSROCKY
January 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I currently live in NYC and planning to relocate with my children to FL.  My youngest son is Autistic and I want to know how good are the schools/ services for Special Needs Kids?  Which counties/ cities should I consider?

Replies

• fla33023
    January 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Hi and welcome to the group! I don't have any information to offer you but I'm sure it would help if you could narrow down your search. Florida is huge and quite different depending on where you are! Are you thinking north, central or south?

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    January 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Where are you planning to move.. South, Central or Northern Florida?.. I live in Central Florida and have kids with Autism.. The programs are very good in the publich school system here and do make a point to sign up for the USF Card program http://card-usf.fmhi.usf.edu/.. so that they can get benefits in assistance with their Autism. The membership is for a lifetime. 

I'm a Realtor here so feel free to ask me if you need any info on cities or Autism programs. 

• mary8801
    January 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting GOBryan:

Where are you planning to move.. South, Central or Northern Florida?.. I live in Central Florida and have kids with Autism.. The programs are very good in the publich school system here and do make a point to sign up for the USF Card program http://card-usf.fmhi.usf.edu/.. so that they can get benefits in assistance with their Autism. The membership is for a lifetime. 

I'm a Realtor here so feel free to ask me if you need any info on cities or Autism programs. 

Hi I saw that you're a realtor on your post can you give me any info on what parts of Tampa are good places and St. Petersberg also...thanks I'm sorry to jump in on your conversation but we will be moving end of June from Davenport. Any help would be appreciated.

• strictmomhere
    January 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Bump
  • MamaBear2cubs
    January 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Welcome to the group! I'll bump because I have no experience with the school system just yet

• auntangelofsix
    January 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    Welcome.
    Heres a bump
  • GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    January 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Quoting mary8801:

Quoting GOBryan:

Hi I saw that you're a realtor on your post can you give me any info on what parts of Tampa are good places and St. Petersberg also...thanks I'm sorry to jump in on your conversation but we will be moving end of June from Davenport. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you looking to buy or rent there? What's your interests, schools, etc?? 

• MSROCKY
    by MSROCKY
    January 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I was told for Autistic children the best schools were in the major areas like Miami, Orlando, Tampa.  

We were actually considering the Tampa area...THANKS fla33023

Quoting fla33023:

Hi and welcome to the group! I don't have any information to offer you but I'm sure it would help if you could narrow down your search. Florida is huge and quite different depending on where you are! Are you thinking north, central or south?

• MSROCKY
    by MSROCKY
    January 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM

We have been looking into the Tampa/ Hillsborough County.  I heard the schools were good there for Autism children.  I'm just trying to avoid the "ghetto" areas.  And I planning to move the end of June when school ends here in NYC; and I know schools in FL start in August.  Also, where can I look in Tampa that is not a gated community?  THANKS GOBryan!

Quoting GOBryan:

• MSROCKY
    by MSROCKY
    January 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM

No problem - jump in any time!  lol.  I'm planning to move to Tampa also - but from NYC at the end of June when school ends here.  It's a big move for us and it's two families!  THANKS mary8801!

Quoting mary8801:

Quoting GOBryan:

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts