Florida Moms

MamaBear2cubs
Nursing home Christmas adoptions?
November 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Has anyone ever done it? I was curious. I would like to do a Christmas adoption this year but not having much luck finding a needy child in my area. I was thinking of adopting a Grandparent and buying for someone in the nursing home who really doesn't get visitors or presents. I was just curious how to go about doing this? Is there a certain person to speak to like a social worker or activities director? Thanks!

Replies

• WendyJR
    by WendyJR
    November 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    There should be someone in the social services office of the nursing home. They probably won't be able to give you much information or any for that matter for a specific person because of hippa laws. But you could do a general gift box/bag for someone. Gl!
  • maxswolfsuit
    Max
    November 28, 2012 at 6:48 PM

That's a great idea. 

• TAG_ur_it
    November 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

idk, but that's a great idea. 

• BeachLifeMama
    November 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I haven't but I'm planning to do something similar. 

• Fairegirl33
    November 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Quoting WendyJR:

There should be someone in the social services office of the nursing home. They probably won't be able to give you much information or any for that matter for a specific person because of hippa laws. But you could do a general gift box/bag for someone. Gl!

yes this...

very nice gesture OP :)

• LadyBast
    November 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM

No I never have but this would be great for Ashley.. TFS

• nomadbrat83
    November 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    I did it when I did adult court ordered guardianship. We would provide gifts for everyone in a facility with one of our clients
  • Trollslayer
    November 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM

What a fantastic idea.

• sheri305
    November 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

idk, but that's a great idea. 

• momofsixangels
    November 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM

My girls and I make homemade ornaments and bring them and goodies to the nursing home here.Some will let you bring in baked goods others it has to be store bought.If you do this make sure to also get sugar free candy for the diabetics.We spend time talking to the residents.Call the nursing home and talk to the social director.You will need to set up a day and time

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts