Florida Moms

maxswolfsuit
Mid sixties and kids are outside?
Max
November 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Would you consider 65-68 degrees freezing weather that children can't be out in?

I know I still have my Yankee blood that I was raised with, but to me mid to high sixties just isn't that cold. 

To make a long story short, I have a parent who is very unhappy with me for "forcing" their child to walk outside in in a high of 68 degrees. 

It's a long story that I won't get into online. But do you FL moms really think mis sixties weather warrants cancelling activities that require some time outside?

Replies

• WendyJR
    by WendyJR
    November 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    Nope it's not that cold. We've been outside as much as possible. (We are from pa)
  • maxswolfsuit
    Max
    November 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Quoting WendyJR:

Nope it's not that cold. We've been outside as much as possible. (We are from pa)

I'm from NJ so this weather is sweater weather. But to the born and bread floridians it seems like full blown snow suit weather!

• cutestmom24
    November 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    no.if it was in the 29's yea but 60's is notthing.
  • wingsfan1234
    Amy
    November 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM

We're from Michigan but this is 'warm' to us still!!  LOL  I forced my girls to play outside for a while after the oldest got home from school to get the nice fresh air ... they came in then after dinner decided it was more fun outside than inside and are out there now running in the backyard!!  they do have jeans and a long sleeve t shirt on but it's not bad at all

• MamaJessx3
    November 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    Mid 60s is perfect weather!
  • ambertreas76
    November 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Ummm...   Mid-60s to me is sooo nice and borderline perfection... But I'm a Yankee too... Born and raised on Long Island!  Sounds to me like people need to mind their own damn business!!!

• quickbooksworm
    November 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    I've lived in FL 30 years and I don't think 68 is cold. The first few days the temps dip below 70 seem cold though.
  • torie81
    by torie81
    November 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    Mid 60's is perfect weather!! My kids would be outside in shorts.
  • Fairegirl33
    November 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    Haha no that is ridiculous... Not ideal weather IMO but plenty warm for playing, walking, whatever....
  • mamamedic69
    November 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    Mid 60s is perfect weather. My girl and I are outside as much as possible.

Florida Moms