Florida Moms

stephwest1
Florida Family Road Trips
November 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

With Thanksgiving coming up next week and the winter holiday soon after we are going to have some extra time to spend with our kids. Yay! I was trying to think of ideas of things we could do or places we could go here in Florida and I found a few ideas online.

The Seminole Gulf Railway has a murder-mystery dinner train that is fun for the whole family. They have a five-course meal during which you get to play detective. They even have a Thanksgiving Family Luncheon and a Christmas Rail-Boat Trip. This is a little out of the ordinary but could be a lot of fun!

Geocaching (pronounced geo-cashing) Have you heard of this? “Geocaching is an outdoor game for users of hand-held global positioning systems (GPS) devices. It's really a high-tech scavenger hunt. It's inexpensive, interactive and a great way to learn geography. Participants use location coordinates to find the caches.”1 I think I will definitely have to try this with my daughter!

I also found a site with Scenic Florida Drives and Road Trips listed. You can click on the link to see if there are any that are somewhat close to you. One is a tour of Victorian-era buildings around a lake. Another is an 80-mile meander through Everglades National Park.

What are your plans for time off with kids? Would you ever try any of these things I listed?

© iStockphoto.com/Bill Manning

Replies

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN