Florida Moms

stephwest1
Florida Family Road Trips
November 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

With Thanksgiving coming up next week and the winter holiday soon after we are going to have some extra time to spend with our kids. Yay! I was trying to think of ideas of things we could do or places we could go here in Florida and I found a few ideas online.

The Seminole Gulf Railway has a murder-mystery dinner train that is fun for the whole family. They have a five-course meal during which you get to play detective. They even have a Thanksgiving Family Luncheon and a Christmas Rail-Boat Trip. This is a little out of the ordinary but could be a lot of fun!

Geocaching (pronounced geo-cashing) Have you heard of this? “Geocaching is an outdoor game for users of hand-held global positioning systems (GPS) devices. It's really a high-tech scavenger hunt. It's inexpensive, interactive and a great way to learn geography. Participants use location coordinates to find the caches.”1 I think I will definitely have to try this with my daughter!

I also found a site with Scenic Florida Drives and Road Trips listed. You can click on the link to see if there are any that are somewhat close to you. One is a tour of Victorian-era buildings around a lake. Another is an 80-mile meander through Everglades National Park.

What are your plans for time off with kids? Would you ever try any of these things I listed?

© iStockphoto.com/Bill Manning

Replies

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts