Florida Moms

stephwest1
Vice Presidential Debate
October 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

Replies

• annelauer
    October 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM

That is the only way some of these people know how to process information.  They completely disregard facts and truth and make up what ever they want to be true.  There are serious gaps in logical reasoning skills in an abundant number of those who vote Republican.  It really is sad that they can't see past their noses and cast a vote based on reason rather than one based on manufactured emotion.  And since they "think" with their emotions, it is okay if it feels okay and it is not if it doesn't feel right to them.  Therefor, it was fine that Romney lied 29 times in 37 minutes and that he repeatedly broke the rules of the debate and that he interrupted often.  In fact, that showed the aggressive attitude necessary to turn this country around and he "won". Biden interrupting though, to point out lies and discrepancies in what Ryan was saying, didn't feel right (because they didn't like him to begin with) so he is a jerk and a bully.  It makes perfect sense to those who do not have an iota of logic within their being.  But those of us who believe in logic, truth and intelligent thought are left scratching our heads.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Don't twist my words to try to make them say what you want to hear.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I think it is very clear that Romney didn't behave in the same manner. Not just my opinion. But thank you for answering my question. It's ok if a liberal is clearly disrespectful. Not new news, but it is nice to hear it admitted.

• britniwheeler
    October 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Obama had more floor time than Romney. He had to interupt to have his chance to speak on the issues. He spoke considerably longer than Romney. Biden had one minute more of floor time. Look at the facts in greater detail, please.

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Not 82 times? And Romney didn't laugh and guffaw as they were trying to discuss serious issues.

He smirked everytime Obama said something, and Ryan sounded like an idiot, its hard not to laugh. What do you mean not 82 times, everytime the moderator opened his mouth Romney decided he had something to say!

• Melanie420
    October 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM

No Obama had more time because Romney wouldnt stop interupting. I like how its okay for Romney to interupt and not Biden. Biden is a great VP and knows his shit unlike Ryan

Quoting britniwheeler:

Obama had more floor time than Romney. He had to interupt to have his chance to speak on the issues. He spoke considerably longer than Romney. Biden had one minute more of floor time. Look at the facts in greater detail, please.

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Not 82 times? And Romney didn't laugh and guffaw as they were trying to discuss serious issues.

He smirked everytime Obama said something, and Ryan sounded like an idiot, its hard not to laugh. What do you mean not 82 times, everytime the moderator opened his mouth Romney decided he had something to say!

• Jewelrymom236
    October 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    I only watched a bit before the end, but Biden seemed very immature with the laughing and complaining that he didn't get as much time as Ryan.
    Also Ryan seemed much more confident than Biden.
  • SpiritedDragon
    October 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I watched it last night with my DF.  Honestly, I was getting very annoyed with VP Biden!  He was being very disrespectful to the commentator.  And what was up with all his stupid smirks.  That guy period is very ugh... in my opinion.  But then again, I don't see eye to eye on alot of their ideas of how they should work this nation.  As far as Ryan, he tried.  He did his best.  But they are both politicians and you can't believe anything that comes out of their mouths.  Best bet is cut all of their pensions and health benefits, to get our countries debt under control.  Plus why do you want to turn around and cut our military?  This has been a hard thing for me to really grasp.  But yet, I am very for the military...  I am a proud vet, and so is every generation in our family!  

• annelauer
    October 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

How could anyone be prepared to respond when every word out of Romney's mouth was a lie?  I know that the GOP has denounced facts and fact checks, but for Pete's sake, there is no way to not be surprised when Romney flip-flopped again on several issues, lied flat-out 29 times in 37 minutes, broke the rules of debate and continually spewed ridiculousness.  You really should turn off FOX and begin to think for yourself.  I know it's hard, but take it one step at a time and someday, you'll get there.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Well that is the way he looked to me. Obama was like a school boy being chastized and doesnt have a thought without his telepromter. "Eh a uh..a ..the uh a deficeit..a um grew a um 4 trillion under my eh watch I guess e aa I did eh a build that."

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"elder statesman"?!  OMFG!  Did you even watch the debate?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

OMFG! are you kidding? Did you even watch the debates? There is no comparaison to how Romney handled himself vs Lieden. Romney spoke with concivtion while still respecting his opponent and conducted himself like an elder statesman and looked very much presidential. Biden came across as a 12 year old school yard bully. No class at all!!

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• annelauer
    October 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

In the very first round Romney threw a tantrum and wanted to have the last word even though he was supposed to have the first and last word for the next round.  He chose to throw the rules out of the window.  He did not have to interrupt.  He chose to break the rules.

Quoting britniwheeler:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Give me examples of these so called lies? Are you calling them lies just because the Obama administration deems them so?Romney stood up there and refuted these so called lies and told everyone why they are not. That is why he did so well in the debate becuase Obamas only game is to call someone liar. What about talking about his record instead? What has he done in4 years really? It wasnt creating jobsthat is for damn sure.

You mean the Obama asministration didntlie about Libya? That Obummercare wasn't going to raise your taxes? Come on who is doing the lying?

Quoting annelauer:

How could anyone be prepared to respond when every word out of Romney's mouth was a lie?  I know that the GOP has denounced facts and fact checks, but for Pete's sake, there is no way to not be surprised when Romney flip-flopped again on several issues, lied flat-out 29 times in 37 minutes, broke the rules of debate and continually spewed ridiculousness.  You really should turn off FOX and begin to think for yourself.  I know it's hard, but take it one step at a time and someday, you'll get there.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Well that is the way he looked to me. Obama was like a school boy being chastized and doesnt have a thought without his telepromter. "Eh a uh..a ..the uh a deficeit..a um grew a um 4 trillion under my eh watch I guess e aa I did eh a build that."

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"elder statesman"?!  OMFG!  Did you even watch the debate?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

OMFG! are you kidding? Did you even watch the debates? There is no comparaison to how Romney handled himself vs Lieden. Romney spoke with concivtion while still respecting his opponent and conducted himself like an elder statesman and looked very much presidential. Biden came across as a 12 year old school yard bully. No class at all!!

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• britniwheeler
    October 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

The time is measured on who spoke for the longest time, not who was supposed to speak. Obama spoke more than Romney. Biden spoke more than Ryan. I am not saying right or wrong, just the facts. 

Quoting Melanie420:

No Obama had more time because Romney wouldnt stop interupting. I like how its okay for Romney to interupt and not Biden. Biden is a great VP and knows his shit unlike Ryan

Quoting britniwheeler:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• britniwheeler
    October 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

The ridiculousness of that is Biden got 1 minute longer to speak that Ryan. So he was whining for nothing. 

Quoting Jewelrymom236:

I only watched a bit before the end, but Biden seemed very immature with the laughing and complaining that he didn't get as much time as Ryan.
    Also Ryan seemed much more confident than Biden.

Florida Moms