Florida Moms

stephwest1
Vice Presidential Debate
October 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

Replies

• mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM

OMFG! are you kidding? Did you even watch the debates? There is no comparaison to how Romney handled himself vs Lieden. Romney spoke with concivtion while still respecting his opponent and conducted himself like an elder statesman and looked very much presidential. Biden came across as a 12 year old school yard bully. No class at all!!

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Not 82 times? And Romney didn't laugh and guffaw as they were trying to discuss serious issues.

He smirked everytime Obama said something, and Ryan sounded like an idiot, its hard not to laugh. What do you mean not 82 times, everytime the moderator opened his mouth Romney decided he had something to say!

• wingmom
    by wingmom
    October 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM

The parts of the debate that I watched or read about, reminded me of the stereotypical older guy kind of approaching the new kid on the block, like "listen sonny, quit while your ahead Ive been on the block a lot longer than you." That said Joe Biden cracks me up and is smart, articulate and enjoyable to watch. He had to do his job twice as well due to Obamas lackluster performance and I believe he did it well. I will vote for him and Obama as I did last election.

• Melanie420
    October 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

psh, okay acting very unprofessional and interupting a moderater in a big important debate on national television is such a good canidate. Yes I can compare the 2, Biden laughed, Romney interuppting shows that he wont listen to anyone but himself, he thinks hes always right. No class at all.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

OMFG! are you kidding? Did you even watch the debates? There is no comparaison to how Romney handled himself vs Lieden. Romney spoke with concivtion while still respecting his opponent and conducted himself like an elder statesman and looked very much presidential. Biden came across as a 12 year old school yard bully. No class at all!!

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Not 82 times? And Romney didn't laugh and guffaw as they were trying to discuss serious issues.

He smirked everytime Obama said something, and Ryan sounded like an idiot, its hard not to laugh. What do you mean not 82 times, everytime the moderator opened his mouth Romney decided he had something to say!

• VegasCass
    October 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Ive said it before on these forums and I'll say it again ....Ryan for President!!!! mark my words ...you don't start being a politician at 28 years old and still going strong at 42 years old and not get to the top. I like him because he knows numbers and he holds firm in his religion and family values. Religion is not something you just decide on a daily basis when you're going to stand up for it. Biden can swagger all he wants. RYAN RYAN RYAN RYAN!!!! (and yes, I'm from WI!!) Go Walker, Go Ryan !!! Romeny/Ryan

• mom_to_travis
    October 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Agreed.

Quoting wingmom:

The parts of the debate that I watched or read about, reminded me of the stereotypical older guy kind of approaching the new kid on the block, like "listen sonny, quit while your ahead Ive been on the block a lot longer than you." That said Joe Biden cracks me up and is smart, articulate and enjoyable to watch. He had to do his job twice as well due to Obamas lackluster performance and I believe he did it well. I will vote for him and Obama as I did last election.

• mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Again what debates did you watch? Biden interrupted 82 times! That is ok? If I can remember Obama was interrupting too and it seemed Romney and Obama interrupted equally but that was only because the moderator of that debate didnt have control over the situation. Obama afterall got more speaking time. If my oponent is getting an unfair advantage time wise of course I am going to interupt be he said "let me just say something" instead Joe just barged in like a loose canon. Now that isunprofessional.Look Romney's debate was fair as even the liberal media didn't cry fair and gave him the credit. Last nights debate seemed pretty much a draw.

Quoting Melanie420:

psh, okay acting very unprofessional and interupting a moderater in a big important debate on national television is such a good canidate. Yes I can compare the 2, Biden laughed, Romney interuppting shows that he wont listen to anyone but himself, he thinks hes always right. No class at all.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• mom_to_travis
    October 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM

"elder statesman"?!  OMFG!  Did you even watch the debate?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• Melanie420
    October 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM

What debates did you watch?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Again what debates did you watch? Biden interrupted 82 times! That is ok? If I can remember Obama was interrupting too and it seemed Romney and Obama interrupted equally but that was only because the moderator of that debate didnt have control over the situation. Obama afterall got more speaking time. If my oponent is getting an unfair advantage time wise of course I am going to interupt be he said "let me just say something" instead Joe just barged in like a loose canon. Now that isunprofessional.Look Romney's debate was fair as even the liberal media didn't cry fair and gave him the credit. Last nights debate seemed pretty much a draw.

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Well that is the way he looked to me. Obama was like a school boy being chastized and doesnt have a thought without his telepromter. "Eh a uh..a ..the uh a deficeit..a um grew a um 4 trillion under my eh watch I guess e aa I did eh a build that."

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"elder statesman"?!  OMFG!  Did you even watch the debate?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

• mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Well the Presidential debates where 70% of Americans gave the win to Romney and where the Americans pretty much saw the VP debates as a draw I have seen a CNN poll 48% Ryan won and another one said Biden did.

Quoting Melanie420:

What debates did you watch?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN