Florida Moms

stephwest1
Vice Presidential Debate
October 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

Replies

• celestegood
    October 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    Hell yeah! lol

Quoting arpazia:

Preach it

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I'll take someone who interrupts 82 times over someone who lies 50% of the time, any day.

Quoting Redwall:

I thought Ryan was wonderful...always polite, and well spoken...didn't make faces when Biden spoke.  I thought Biden did a good job, but I thought he was rude.  Someone counted the times he interrupted and it was 82!    I'm not a Democrat or a Republican...but I had more respect for Ryan after watching this.

• celestegood
    October 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    Romney was the same last night!

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting GOBryan:

Biden answered but flat out lied about some things. I am not saying Ryan was 100% accurate or right but don't make Biden out to be mr straight shooter.

Atleast he answered question rather than divert from them. Ryan didn't really answer anything so no need for him to even lie when he can't even answer straight. Ryan was called out several times on it also. Ryan had his share on non-truths with the little he even had to say. 

• celestegood
    October 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    He won it! YAY

Quoting LancesMom:

I agree and also hope the President comes out stronger than last time.

• celestegood
    October 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    I totally agree.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I didn't watch the debate but I want to say that I like Biden's statement that was quoted above "my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths." I have no problem with any candidates religion or how it affects their life but don't feel it should be forced on everyone.

• celestegood
    October 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    I absolutely think that congress has played a game with Obama for four years. They don't like him, so they are blocking everything he tries.
    I think its beyond time to start working together already! Holy hell, a group of ADULTS should be beyond play ground games.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

I don't claim to be a math wiz, so I cannot speak to that. However, even though Obama and Biden keep saying it is impossible, there are many studies to show it is possible. I agree though. They should make it clear that they have a baseline plan they intend to take to the floor to get ideas and support from both sides, so that we all benefit from the terms worked out. In my opinion, if that is in fact what they have been saying, I think it's a darn good idea. It makes sense to me to come in to split sides with a base plan, and work with both sides to achieve a goal. It makes less sense to go in with a plan that has little or no room for compromise that is one sided. Not saying only Obama has done it, many have. I just think its time for new ideas.

I pretty much agree with you. 

I wish Congress did too!

Florida Moms