Florida Moms

stephwest1
Vice Presidential Debate
October 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 12, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I didn't watch but bump

• KylesMom409
    October 12, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I didn't watch but bump

• DestinyHLewis
    October 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    I watched most of it but fell asleep in the last half hour or so. I thought they both did well. At one point my husband said, geez. Well, I guess we know who SHOULD have been the actual president in this administration. I was thinking the same thing. I agree the smug laughing was out of place, and the interrupting made it difficult to hear either of them when things got a little heated. I figured Biden would do well. He has had years of experience. I think Ryan knew his stuff also. I have been trying to figure out why Ryan and Romney won't give specifics. The best conclusion I can come to given both of their answers is that they have a base plan, with room to work with both parties if they are elected, and that is what they intend to do. Makes sense considering the last 4 years when congress can't agree on anything, to take the tax plan to both parties and have them set the specifics, in order to get a plan that will be approved. I am not going to claim to know a whole lot of taxes, and code. Lol I am not sure many of us have a good grasp on that subject. I do know that I am not interested in giving any more money to an Administration that clearly refuses to spend wisely. It's like having an irresponsible teenager who thinks money grows on trees out back, and yet you keep giving them full access to a credit card you continue to pay off. Not real bright. I am looking forward to next weeks Presidential Debate. I think it is going to be a very good one.
  • Dragonmamas
    Ari
    October 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

You're going to get very biased answers and opinions, I won't bother to elaborate.

There was no clear "winner," imo. It was nothing like the presidential debate.

Romney/Ryan 2012 :)

• Dinimon
    by Dinimon
    October 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    I thought the vice presidential debate went a lot smoother than the presidential debate.
  • fliptopz4
    October 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I think they needed a better moderator , She had no control of the debate and not only allowed interrupting of one candidate by the other she interrupted several times and would not allow the candidates to finish their statements.

Biden behavior was very childish and embarrassing. Makes me wonder how he behaves when he is conducting business on behalf of the United States.

• Melanie420
    October 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Biden

• Melanie420
    October 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM

lol sure, its not like Romney interupted the moderator everytime he was talking in the presidential debate, thats chidish, not Biden, I would laugh at Ryan too if I was Biden

Quoting fliptopz4:

I think they needed a better moderator , She had no control of the debate and not only allowed interrupting of one candidate by the other she interrupted several times and would not allow the candidates to finish their statements.

Biden behavior was very childish and embarrassing. Makes me wonder how he behaves when he is conducting business on behalf of the United States.

• mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Quoting fliptopz4:

Yes I don't know why ppl say she was good. Of course libs are going to like her she let Biden interrupt 82 times! She has a conflict of interest as a long time Obama friend.
  • mom2twinboyz
    October 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Quoting Melanie420:

Not 82 times? And Romney didn't laugh and guffaw as they were trying to discuss serious issues.

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts