Florida Moms

KylesMom409
Migraines
October 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Does anyone else here get them? Ugh my mom and grandmother both had them and so do I. :( I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.

Replies

• Darqdaughter
    October 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I have had them since I was 6. They suck. I hate them. and my SO has NEVER had one so he doesn't understand. The best thing I have found for them Is Lavender Oil and Camomile tea, dropped into a hot bath. Guided meditation helps too.(listen to the program before you have a migraine and then think back on it during an episode. It helps to relax your brain waves. 

• DestinyHLewis
    October 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    I had them from the time I was 13 till I was 26. After I had my first daughter I have on,y had 4 in the last 8 years. They suck. I have a ridiculous list of meds that can help and other things. You need to find out what the cause is. For me it was hormones
  • nomadbrat83
    October 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    Yep me, my mom, my dad, my twin, two aunts, grandma, cousins, etc. It's genetic.
  • mamamedic69
    October 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I do, my brother does and my son does. I am praying that my DD doesn't get them.

• RLSMOM59
    October 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

• supermomwife09
    October 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yea I've been getting them since I was 13. And now they seem to be getting worse lasting longer and more often. I get them about twice a month and they last all day and night NOTHING I do helps or makes them go away

• MissElissa21
    October 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I do. I am currently on day 4 of my most recent migraine. It sucks!

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ouch. I used to get them as a teenager. They are awful.

• MomToovey
    October 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Not by the definition of migraine, no. But I am hypoglycemic and tend to get pretty bad headaches from time to time. My mom used to get migraines and she'd be out of commission for days when they struck.

• Fairegirl33
    October 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Caffeine is terrible for migraines sufferers..... Avoid it especially OTC meds with it in there

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

Florida Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN