Florida Moms

KylesMom409
Migraines
October 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Does anyone else here get them? Ugh my mom and grandmother both had them and so do I. :( I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.

Replies

• Darqdaughter
    October 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I have had them since I was 6. They suck. I hate them. and my SO has NEVER had one so he doesn't understand. The best thing I have found for them Is Lavender Oil and Camomile tea, dropped into a hot bath. Guided meditation helps too.(listen to the program before you have a migraine and then think back on it during an episode. It helps to relax your brain waves. 

• DestinyHLewis
    October 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    I had them from the time I was 13 till I was 26. After I had my first daughter I have on,y had 4 in the last 8 years. They suck. I have a ridiculous list of meds that can help and other things. You need to find out what the cause is. For me it was hormones
  • nomadbrat83
    October 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    Yep me, my mom, my dad, my twin, two aunts, grandma, cousins, etc. It's genetic.
  • mamamedic69
    October 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I do, my brother does and my son does. I am praying that my DD doesn't get them.

• RLSMOM59
    October 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

• supermomwife09
    October 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yea I've been getting them since I was 13. And now they seem to be getting worse lasting longer and more often. I get them about twice a month and they last all day and night NOTHING I do helps or makes them go away

• MissElissa21
    October 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I do. I am currently on day 4 of my most recent migraine. It sucks!

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ouch. I used to get them as a teenager. They are awful.

• MomToovey
    October 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Not by the definition of migraine, no. But I am hypoglycemic and tend to get pretty bad headaches from time to time. My mom used to get migraines and she'd be out of commission for days when they struck.

• Fairegirl33
    October 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Caffeine is terrible for migraines sufferers..... Avoid it especially OTC meds with it in there

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

Florida Moms