Florida Moms

_Kissy_
Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated
by _Kissy_
October 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

Replies

• Dragonmamas
    Ari
    October 11, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Romney/Ryan 2012 :)
  • celestegood
    October 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    He does, though. Same here, as for who we're voting for and why! (add gay rights in there for me, though)

Quoting ClemFamily:

That's why Romney will lose I think...his shadiness and "47 percent" mess up. He has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to social issues; in my opinion at least. He also is not pro women's rights as much as Obama. I voted Obama last time and I will again.

• celestegood
    October 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    I hate people like him

Quoting Melanie420:

He didnt want to answer questions from kids whose parents are in the 47%, thats just beneath him and he dont have to worry about them.

• celestegood
    October 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    Honestly, why let him on tv if you are his handler? The man has no censorship.

Quoting mommykate4:

if i knew why Romney wasn't able to m ake it to the tv show then i could have an opinion ...maybe he has scheduled things planned...this doesn't explain anything just that he didn't do an appearance...it doesn't mean anything to me really..

• celestegood
    October 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    True. Very true.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.
  • celestegood
    October 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    lol

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Romney/Ryan 2012 :)
  • 3lilladies81
    October 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    I'm not going to act like I am up to speed on all things politics, but I will say this if the president of our great nation can't have enough respect for this country to put his hand over his heart to say the pledge then he had no business running it. I will also say that he has taken money away from our troops who keep us safe "bc of the economy" yet he took 17 vacations in four years on OUR dime people WAKE UP he is a pathetic excuse for a president!!! As for Romney the way I see it he did a good job managing his own money maybe he has a good head for that and can get us on the right track.
  • MsLogansMommy
    October 12, 2012 at 4:15 AM

I agree with this republicans dont have hearts

Quoting foreverealty:

When I was younger I was a Democrat because I have a Heart. Now that I'm older, I'm a Republican, because I have a Brain!

• mommapops
    October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    I stand corrected. And I'm happy to know that. I'm truly so disgusted with the attack adds this year and all the negative. I know its been happening this way for years but its worse than ever this election. Imo. I'm an independant and I voted for Obama last election. I feel so distracted by all the nonsense this election, I just don't feel I can trust anyone because they're always twisting their words. I don't know? Thank you for your reply it did make me feel a lot better because these days I feel everything is about money. It's nice to know this was actually about the children. Although I must say it shocked me. Have a nice day! Thanks!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"Kids Pick the President" has been happening on Nickelodeon since 1988.  So no, it's not just a new game invented to hop on the Big Bird bandwagon.  And do I think they "care a rats ass about childrens questions being answered by a presidential candidate"?  Yes, I do.  Kids aren't stupid.  Encouraging them to take an interest in the political process is a positive, SMART thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_Pick_the_President

The specials began in 1988 as part of a yearly "Kids Vote"
    election-related coverage, in part as a way to encourage children in
    Nickelodeon's audience to become engaged in the political process, and
    partly for comedic value

Quoting mommapops:

I'm sorry but IMO nikelodean is playing a game. Do you really think they care a rats ass about children's questions being answered by a presidential candidate. PBS and Big Bird had too much interest and this is a company in the ratings just like every other channel. so disgusting that they would play this game to get their time claim to fame. I'm just using that as a figure of speech but you know what I mean. This has absolutely nothing to do with the children. Again, IMO but I doubt I'm wrong.

• mom_to_travis
    October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

You're welcome!  I agree with you about the attack ads and negative tone.  It just keeps getting worse and worse and I really wish it would stop. 

Quoting mommapops:

I stand corrected. And I'm happy to know that. I'm truly so disgusted with the attack adds this year and all the negative. I know its been happening this way for years but its worse than ever this election. Imo. I'm an independant and I voted for Obama last election. I feel so distracted by all the nonsense this election, I just don't feel I can trust anyone because they're always twisting their words. I don't know? Thank you for your reply it did make me feel a lot better because these days I feel everything is about money. It's nice to know this was actually about the children. Although I must say it shocked me. Have a nice day! Thanks!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"Kids Pick the President" has been happening on Nickelodeon since 1988.  So no, it's not just a new game invented to hop on the Big Bird bandwagon.  And do I think they "care a rats ass about childrens questions being answered by a presidential candidate"?  Yes, I do.  Kids aren't stupid.  Encouraging them to take an interest in the political process is a positive, SMART thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_Pick_the_President

The specials began in 1988 as part of a yearly "Kids Vote"
    election-related coverage, in part as a way to encourage children in
    Nickelodeon's audience to become engaged in the political process, and
    partly for comedic value

Quoting mommapops:

I'm sorry but IMO nikelodean is playing a game. Do you really think they care a rats ass about children's questions being answered by a presidential candidate. PBS and Big Bird had too much interest and this is a company in the ratings just like every other channel. so disgusting that they would play this game to get their time claim to fame. I'm just using that as a figure of speech but you know what I mean. This has absolutely nothing to do with the children. Again, IMO but I doubt I'm wrong.

Florida Moms